Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Photo of VMP scrambling to fill the last International orders
Last-day-in-Saigon-Iconic-UPI-photo-heralded-end-of-Vietnam-War.jpg
lol… I mean they thought they were taking a loss before. People having to rage spend their credits.

Took a week but CS finally emailed me back to confirm that they've cancelled my membership and will refund me for the rest of the year. Really curious to know how much they'll refund me. My guess is it'll either be far too little or like $1000 and stock options.

I was chatting to my wife about VMP the other day (the magic is still there) and she reminded me of how they used to sell equipment a few years ago which I had totally forgot. I bought a pair of the Kanto YU6 speakers from them for a fraction of the price here in the UK.....with free shipping! Make me wonder if they have ever really made a profit from international subs....

I was chatting to my wife about VMP the other day (the magic is still there) and she reminded me of how they used to sell equipment a few years ago which I had totally forgot. I bought a pair of the Kanto YU6 speakers from them for a fraction of the price here in the UK.....with free shipping! Make me wonder if they have ever really made a profit from international subs....

They put a lot of effort not making money on us. Shipping stuff every other day instead of bundling records being their biggest. Then they were like "yeah it doesn't cost us nothing to ship stuff"...

They put a lot of effort not making money on us. Shipping stuff every other day instead of bundling records being their biggest. Then they were like "yeah it doesn't cost us nothing to ship stuff"...

Do you remember when the used to bundle and you got a big cube once a month? Even store stuff only went out in it.

Then they got a shop upgrade to shopify, never figured out how to use it properly and sent every record out individually 🤦🏻

Do you remember when the used to bundle and you got a big cube once a month? Even store stuff only went out in it.

Then they got a shop upgrade to shopify, never figured out how to use it properly and sent every record out individually 🤦🏻

Don't blame it on the QC
Don't blame it on the incompetency
Don't blame it on the TIME
Blame it on Shopify

Last edited:

Then they pied us off because their shitness at implementing a shit system put them so far in the shit that they just became another little company, teetering at the edge of insolvency while flipping unwanted jug band re-issues and high fashion baseball caps

Last edited:

Simpler times. I remember they used to be really affordable as well, to the point where it was cheaper (in monetary terms) to buy from VMP compared with a standard pressing somewhere here in the UK.

Back