Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Someone help me out here because im so confused.

My membership is coming to an end on the 1st October. I assumed this meant that September was my last month. However, Essentials is showing as unswappable as "Swaps are unavailable because your subscription is reaching its end date." but the Classics (or whatever it is called now) is showing as me being able to swap.

So....whats happening? I am getting either of them or have I now been cut off?

Never easy is it.

Someone help me out here because im so confused.

My membership is coming to an end on the 1st October. I assumed this meant that September was my last month. However, Essentials is showing as unswappable as "Swaps are unavailable because your subscription is reaching its end date." but the Classics (or whatever it is called now) is showing as me being able to swap.

So....whats happening? I am getting either of them or have I now been cut off?

Never easy is it.
Which one is your primary? Also, no real clue but I wonder if they’ve made add one nonswappable to discourage their use for that purpose.

Which one is your primary? Also, no real clue but I wonder if they’ve made add one nonswappable to discourage their use for that purpose.
My main has always been Essentials, I guess its a hangover from before they had subs? But I usually swap that for Classics, or have Classics added.

I don't particularly want the Gus Cannon, but I do really want the Ahmed Abdul-Malik.

My main has always been Essentials, I guess its a hangover from before they had subs? But I usually swap that for Classics, or have Classics added.

I don't particularly want the Gus Cannon, but I do really want the Ahmed Abdul-Malik.
It’s giving me the same ‘no swapping for you’ line but asking if I want to take on an extra track. Good old VMP

They’re getting savaged on the Instagram RotM post too. I really feel for all the regular folks behind the scenes there as this must be beyond grim. There’s a bit of that Austin Powers ‘no one ever thinks of the family of an evil henchman’ thing.

It’s giving me the same ‘no swapping for you’ line but asking if I want to take on an extra track. Good old VMP

They’re getting savaged on the Instagram RotM post too. I really feel for all the regular folks behind the scenes there as this must be beyond grim. There’s a bit of that Austin Powers ‘no one ever thinks of the family of an evil henchman’ thing.
Hmm interesting. Who knows then, I think I will just leave it and see what happens.

I have swapped out of Gus….Actually I just realised I bulletproofed myself and changed tracks to classics last week.
Didn’t want any VMP shenanigans if they had huge swap numbers. My last month I think is October, my end date is 6th November.
Can’t recall which my first month back was last year. But expect October to be my last VMP record.

I did a quick review of my year back :
I swapped 4 months for Credit.
Swapped out another 5 months - Selling on or giving away another 5. But that includes the 8 freebies.
I have a good few records from them over same period but if I take stock none are really what I would call must haves
Other than Black Moses, Joni Mitchell and perhaps Dollys Coat of many colours. A few more decent pick ups I don’t play.

Not sure if this happened to anyone else but just a heads up -- I have a 12 month sub that ends in Dec, I had already cancelled my membership a couple months ago so that it doesn't auto-renew at that point. However after swapping yesterday I noticed the cancellation was no longer in effect (ie. the message "Your membership will end on 12/1" no longer appeared on my account page). So I had to redo the cancellation. Might be worth a double-check if you are in the same situation.

Not sure if this happened to anyone else but just a heads up -- I have a 12 month sub that ends in Dec, I had already cancelled my membership a couple months ago so that it doesn't auto-renew at that point. However after swapping yesterday I noticed the cancellation was no longer in effect (ie. the message "Your membership will end on 12/1" no longer appeared on my account page). So I had to redo the cancellation. Might be worth a double-check if you are in the same situation.
They sent out an email yesterday that this was a bug from an update and it should have put back the cancellations. Mine was fixed by the end of the day. But still good to check with their track record.

Same here......... On their Q&A yesterday they said something about the number of employees that they current have in a passing comment. I believe they said 11 when they used to report 17. Purely speculative but maybe they lost folks in the warehouse/shipping department?
I figured the warehouse was it's own employment numbers separte from vmp but anything is possible

Back