Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Same here......... On their Q&A yesterday they said something about the number of employees that they current have in a passing comment. I believe they said 11 when they used to report 17. Purely speculative but maybe they lost folks in the warehouse/shipping department?
They outsource shipping to a logistics firm. If anything there is affecting shipping time it is either they haven’t paid their bills or they have gone to a lower tier service to save costs under their oh god the sky is falling management.

But did it arrive at your address?
To the address I changed it to apparently.

Well. Actually I was told that A package arrived with VMP on the box. It could be the records that I ordered. Records I didnt. Or a box of Impulse socks (might all be left socks). Who knows.

VMP very much work off a Pavlov's Schrodinger's Box theory.

Last edited:
To the address I changed it to apparently.

Well. Actually I was told that A package arrived with VMP on the box. It could be the records that I ordered. Records I didnt. Or a box of Impulse socks (might all be left socks). Who knows.

VMP very much work off a Pavlov's Box theory.
Schrodinger’s record of the month club. I think we could be on to something here.

You know what I'd like to see as a record club, and I have half a mind to start one to do this, is one that only does live albums. I get that the demand wouldn't be the same, but the licensing issues wouldn't be as big a problem and you could get in demand acts more easily. I keep going back to how insanely good those live Luna albums are that Bandbox did and it fills me with regret that I never got the third shipped to me. But there is so much insanely good live music out there (Fleet Foxes rsd this year was another, that Death Cab that no one could find, etc.). I genuinely think that this would be a winning idea for a record club that would pull in the kinds of collectors who spend money on this kind of thing.

I think @Yer Ol' Uncle D would be a fantastic curator for this enterprise. I may actually start running some numbers just to satisfy my curiosity to see what this would cost if it started at the 500-1000 range. As stupid as it sounds, even if it only broke even it would almost satisfy me just to get some of these shows on quality wax. I waste enough time reading about records already, might as well waste some time doing the research on this.

Yeah, I think Paulie is getting put out to spread the lies and burn through the only good will an employee still has. We'll see today. But yesterday on Reddit he said that nearly everything went out yesterday and a few stragglers will go out today. I have no shipping notice either, so either we're all the stragglers or it's their usual bs.
I have a label created but still no movement. Guess it all depends on what counts as "shipped".

You know what I'd like to see as a record club, and I have half a mind to start one to do this, is one that only does live albums. I get that the demand wouldn't be the same, but the licensing issues wouldn't be as big a problem and you could get in demand acts more easily. I keep going back to how insanely good those live Luna albums are that Bandbox did and it fills me with regret that I never got the third shipped to me. But there is so much insanely good live music out there (Fleet Foxes rsd this year was another, that Death Cab that no one could find, etc.). I genuinely think that this would be a winning idea for a record club that would pull in the kinds of collectors who spend money on this kind of thing.

I think @Yer Ol' Uncle D would be a fantastic curator for this enterprise. I may actually start running some numbers just to satisfy my curiosity to see what this would cost if it started at the 500-1000 range. As stupid as it sounds, even if it only broke even it would almost satisfy me just to get some of these shows on quality wax. I waste enough time reading about records already, might as well waste some time doing the research on this.
I love this idea. I've noticed quite a lot of bootleg live recordings on vinyl are starting to hit my local carboot sales recently, would be really cool to get official releases.

If you want to actually go down this endeavor I'd be interested to help

My dream job.

I received my shipping notices. My first account, which could have ended with this box that left, will still need a last shipment with a replacement copy that they did not bundled with my monthly box. I wonder when they will bundle it now... As for the second account I started for the freebies, everything shipped. I cancelled all my add-ons and won't swap for credits (which I would have done) because I am not confident. I have a feeling one day subscribers will stop receiving their box and won't recover their money. If something more interesting shows up in swap, i'll swap for it. If not, I'll stay with Classics which is not a bad pick after all.

Good luck y'all!

Back