Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I wish they would have kept doing stuff like that. I really want a high quality print of the 'Round About Midnight album art.
VMP was just a middleman for the artist and Third Man (who has a whole sidebar photo developing studio).
For that Miles photo, or close to it, here is that photographer's print site on Etsy:
Look what I found on Etsy @bdm105: https://www.etsy.com/listing/467268575/1956-miles-davis-round-about-midnight?ref=share_v4_lx

Last edited:
Looks like another article similar to the VMP Joni Mitchell 'sales spike' PR, this time for the Ramones. Shows Essentials is consistently around 3400 subscribers or units moved as same number was quoted in the Joni article for ...Lawns and apparently, they report these to Soundscan:

Last edited:
VMP was just a middleman for the artist and Third Man (who has a whole sidebar photo developing studio).
For that Miles photo, or close to it, here is that photographer's print site on Etsy:
Look what I found on Etsy @bdm105: https://www.etsy.com/listing/467268575/1956-miles-davis-round-about-midnight?ref=share_v4_lx
I do think the VMP poster and photo print were exclusives? Could be wrong though. Cool to know that guy sells photo prints though!

I do think the VMP poster and photo print were exclusives? Could be wrong though. Cool to know that guy sells photo prints though!

Looks to be a family member, daughter?, selling them to raise money for her foundation. License wise who knows how up and up it is but definitely more ok than not

Looks like another article similar to the VMP Joni Mitchell 'sales spike' PR, this time for the Ramones. Shows Essentials is consistently around 3400 subscribers or units moved as same number was quoted in the Joni article for ...Lawns and apparently, they report these to Soundscan:

It's like they are trying to show labels how good it is to reissue a record under Vinyl Me Please.

Pffft whatever, I just drew a picture of Coltrane on a napkin, framed that bitch.
9eAvYt.gif

It is on HHV as well. Feel bad for whoever bought it full price...
There's 8 online pages full of VMP product at Rough Trade. This stuff is going to be clogging up every record store around that opts in at a discounted price wholesale. Good luck if you were thinking about selling copies of any of these releases you didn't want to your local shop.
And yeah, FOOL (Fear Of Overpayment Loss) vs. FOMO should be kicking in soon for members and former members.

There's 8 online pages full of VMP product at Rough Trade. This stuff is going to be clogging up every record store around that opts in at a discounted price wholesale. Good luck if you were thinking about selling copies of any of these releases you didn't want to your local shop.
And yeah, FOOL (Fear Of Overpayment Loss) vs. FOMO should be kicking in soon for members and former members.
i mean...if you spent $80+ on it originally and now don't want it less than a year later...that's probably on you haha.

See this is what pisses me off. I doubt very seriously that any of these things are being sold outside the club at a loss. Maybe tighten your numbers and charge a fair price. Maybe that’s how you right the ship.
overall, I think they have been doing that more the past few months. more limited store drops for less money. that one never made any sense to pay full price for given the generic press came out at the same time for like 1/3 of the price or something crazy.

now that they have gotten rid of those pesky internationals, store prices should come down more since international shipping isn't baked into the price......right??

i mean...if you spent $80+ on it originally and now don't want it less than a year later...that's probably on you haha.
I've only bought what I knew I wanted from VMP but there may be people who depended on VMP's curation "sight unseen" and didn't like an LP after they listened to it a few times. What portion of the subs are made up of people in that situation, I have no idea.

I've only bought what I knew I wanted from VMP but there may be people who depended on VMP's curation "sight unseen" and didn't like an LP after they listened to it a few times. What portion of the subs are made up of people in that situation, I have no idea.
oh yea. i'm sure there are people who buy stuff without listening to it first. but that love movement record was a crazy priced store exclusive just for an RKS exclusive given a regular version came out at the same time. i think many people don't care about it being an RKS cut if the price was that different.

overall, I think they have been doing that more the past few months. more limited store drops for less money. that one never made any sense to pay full price for given the generic press came out at the same time for like 1/3 of the price or something crazy.

now that they have gotten rid of those pesky internationals, store prices should come down more since international shipping isn't baked into the price......right??
Yeah but there are recent rotms in that stuff too. They dumped the internationals and had one of their biggest price increases at the same time.

I’d love to see their p&Ls. I’m sure it looks like a monkey with a calculator.

Back