Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Now I'm confused. My Essentials has been cancelled as expected but I've been billed for the Classics add on and its showing up in my orders as Shipping Method: ROTM Shipment.

I thought they were cancelling all of the subs?
Again, it’s all Shopify’s fault, not VMP. They are a small business and you can’t expect them to know how ‘puters work

Speaking of the storm, is anyone experiencing delays for the September ROTM shipments that went out at the end of last week since they have to go from Greensboro to Charlotte PO normally?
Mine is sluggish with “movement” the last two days without scans. So who knows? Doesn’t seem like Charlotte was super hit by it and I don’t really know how the roads down there were affected by it. Maybe @Yer Ol' Uncle D can give us a sit rep.

IMG_1936.png

They have said a few times that:

A) they are gonna go away from lost sounds found

And

B) they are going to cut pressing numbers and probably exclusive numbers. They don’t want stuff sitting on shelves in warehouses for years.

I think they said Anthologies are on the back burner now too sadly. Some of the anthologies are the best VMP releases out there. Zamrock, Miles, Impulse, And Tribe records were all awesome. Waylon and Willie were great too.

IMO, they should just cut pressing numbers pretty drastically (especially on store exclusives and Variants) and try to achieve one or two month sell outs. Sell all old backstock wholesale. If ROTMs sell out frequently, some of the members may come back. Right now, many rightfully seem to think that there’s no benefit to being a member if they can just get the records later at RT, Plaidroom, HHV, etc. but if those albums start selling out and not making it to wholesale, popular titles will get people signing up again.

I reckon the freebies subs ending and price going up is gonna kill membership numbers though. Member numbers were probably very inflated from that freebies campaign.
Not sure if this is common, but my membership page shows Essentials and Hip Hop as “Join Standby List”, rather than being able to easily add on a track.

I anticipate numbers of subs have dwindled tremendously and will continue to do so.

Not sure if this is common, but my membership page shows Essentials and Hip Hop as “Join Standby List”, rather than being able to easily add on a track.

I anticipate numbers of subs have dwindled tremendously and will continue to do so.
I think that is normally the deal until they have finished processing ROTM. I seem to remember this being the deal last month.

what Lee said--swaps just closed and are processing so can't typically add a track for a little bit at the start of the month. But also, essentials sold out apparently last month, so it's likely on standby anyway.

Back