Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Ultimately they are gonna do whatever is most prudent for them as a business going forward. It wouldn’t surprise me it they just refunded the cost to those that don’t end up the the album but I think the most likely scenario based on past fuck ups is a 2nd run delivered around June after they finally decide how they want to resolve the issue sometime in March. Maybe they will include a signed lithograph from Havoc and Prodi...oh, right...nevermind.

Ultimately they are gonna do whatever is most prudent for them as a business going forward. It wouldn’t surprise me it they just refunded the cost to those that don’t end up the the album but I think the most likely scenario based on past fuck ups is a 2nd run delivered around June after they finally decide how they want to resolve the issue sometime in March. Maybe they will include a signed lithograph from Havoc and Prodi...oh, right...nevermind.

I thought the same, as far as Prodi... oh

That's the correct answer to all of this.

That's the line that they're trying to blur. It's like our whole political system. Let's attack and sacrifice each other, rather than hold the evil machine behind it and those who perpetuate it accountable, while crossing our fingers that they don't eat us or turn the mob on us

I'm still shocked that there main communication strategy in the last 10 days is silence. No," We're doing a system migration, there might be problems, etc" in advance, no mail when there were still problems on annoucement day".reactions to complaints on reddit seems all they are able to do. I get mails like that at work every couple of weeks ( Everytime it is running maintanance on servers).

I'm still shocked that there main communication strategy in the last 10 days is silence. No," We're doing a system migration, there might be problems, etc" in advance, no mail when there were still problems on annoucement day".reactions to complaints on reddit seems all they are able to do. I get mails like that at work every couple of weeks ( Everytime it is running maintanance on servers).

Are you really shocked, though?

More torn between the question if they are this incompetent or purposefully glossing over anything that could signify problems for the company so it looks better for investors?
Communication creates a paper trail.

The problem with VMP is that when they get it right, it's enough to keep many of us in, but those moments are becoming far and few between and the screwups are becoming worse and more spectacular. I'm sure if they go back in time two weeks, they definitely would.

More torn between the question if they are this incompetent or purposefully glossing over anything that could signify problems for the company so it looks better for investors?

They've been doing this all year, though. They don't send out announcements for sweeping changes from pricing to monthly subscription eliminations to the new limitations on swaps. For all of these, they've not only had a community to relay the info to, but were actually involved in related conversations and never brought it up. They didn't tell us what was up with Nat Turner. Or Weyes Blood. They just burned down the forum instead.

Reddit is now turning on VMP just like anyone that has ever used Reddit knew was inevitable

Yeah, they are. I noticed the shift when I posted a rant critical of VMP, fully expecting to get swarmed with fanboys, but instead someone gifted me a platinum account. People are pissed.

Watching Storf continue to be downvoted is one of my current joys. A week ago, he could say some smug shit to a member asking a simple question and be cheered. Now he claims he just write articles and picks records, but has nothing to do with the real operations.

Reddit is now turning on VMP just like anyone that has ever used Reddit knew was inevitable
Yeah, they are. I noticed the shift when I posted a rant critical of VMP, fully expecting to get swarmed with fanboys, but instead someone gifted me a platinum account. People are pissed.

Watching Storf continue to be downvoted is one of my current joys. A week ago, he could say some smug shit to a member asking a simple question and be cheered. Now he claims he just write articles and picks records, but has nothing to do with the real operations.
It'll be interesting to see how long vmp employees will be posting there

Last edited:

They clearly did not have their "Customer Service" training seminar this year. Aside from all of their other flukes, the way they engage with people online/Reddit/etc one of the biggest no-no's you can do when dealing with disgruntled customers.

They clearly did not have their "Customer Service" training seminar this year. Aside from all of their other flukes, the way they engage with people online/Reddit/etc one of the biggest no-no's you can do when dealing with disgruntled customers.

This is the whole "small co. bro" hipster startup mentality. It's 90% clever photos for IG and ping pong in the break room and 10% running a business.

The fact that their asinine, poorly researched blog series "Best Record Stores In America" felt the need to be issued in print like it was some sort of authority on the subject is just so god damned stupid.

Ugh I'm back on my soapbox again

Back