What's Spinning

Shabaka And The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History (Impulse!, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

My god this album is amazing, maybe my favourite of the year so far! Really fantastic stuff from start to finish! @NathanRicaud the pressing is superb, my only gripe was that mine had a small warp to the first vinyl, more like a bump than anything but it still plays with no issues.

IMG_7184.JPG

Shabaka And The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History (Impulse!, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

My god this album is amazing, maybe my favourite of the year so far! Really fantastic stuff from start to finish! @NathanRicaud the pressing is superb, my only gripe was that mine had a small warp to the first vinyl, more like a bump than anything but it still plays with no issues.

View attachment 48185
Thanks for the tag and update Selaws! ♥️ So happy to hear the pressing sounds superb! It looks great as well! 🔥🔥💎

My collection #509-510

Etoile de Dakar
Bill Callahan - Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest

One of a number of top-class Senegalese groups, this one featuring Youssou N'Dour and some psychedelic guitar (as well as weird clown whistle effects that slightly take the edge of the amazing music), and the latest, v good Bill Callahan. I listened to these earlier and am now about to enjoy my first sleep under the stars this year in my hammock out in the Oslo woods - happy days...

20200521_163229.jpg

20200521_180016.jpg

IMG-20200521-WA0001.jpeg

Back