What's Spinning

Dictaphone - M.=Addiction (Denovali Records, DEN287A, Germany, 2019 reissue)

7F8E949B-757A-4580-BAA8-B0260F54F1C8.jpeg

Here’s to spring cleaning! I added this Dictaphone boxset to my collection 6 months ago according to Discogs and it got put on my bottom corner shelf next to ZZ Top and seemingly got forgotten about. Giving it a premier listen while I crack on with the tidying, better late than never.

John Carpenter ‎– Lost Cues: The Thing
Sacred Bones Records ‎– SBR3022, 2020

45RPM EP of re-recorded cues Carpenter had to write and use, as Morricone couldn't write the entire score for the movie.

Waxwork Records Electric Blue w/ Cyan Splatter "Arctic Splatter" variant

Pressed at GZ/MRP

gDmVtG.jpg

UGHYVG.jpg

These were in a limited bundle, but also available separately.

aEhw41.jpg

72D1639D-C744-4900-974C-F3B7BF234354.jpeg
1988 Pinckneyville Pressing. Catching up on the weeks news. Besides threatening to pull funding from WHO during a global pandemic it seems The Great Orange One is now discussing restarting of Nuclear Testing. Yeah, yeah, yeah......so without getting to political we present ‘The Futures So Bright’ and other catchy eighties college radio tunes by Timbuk 3.

Last edited:
Guns 'n Roses • Appetite for Destruction

Good remaster from 2018, apparently the first vinyl version from the master tapes. The foil slipcase will pick up fingerprints if you look at it and it wont fit in my poly outer sleeves without tearing them, so that's annoying.

I'll spare you the over the top NSFW original cover art that is blown up on the gatefold and the gimmicky hologram. Before this turns into a review I'll just show it to you.

IMG_20200523_124838.jpg
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200523124031881_COVER.jpg

Gotan Project - La Revancha Del Tango (XL Recordings, XLLP 148, Europe, 2011 reissue)

F68C91A1-3261-4DEB-B1F3-2D8C1E0CF87A.jpeg

Some of that first Dictaphone LP reminded me of this. If you were in your twenties at the turn of the century then the chances are you attended a dinner party that had either this or St Germain’s Tourist as its soundtrack, lol.

Finally getting to yet another stack of new-to-me soundtracks...

Ludwig Goransson ‎– Creed (Original Motion Picture Score)
Mondo ‎– MOND-090, 2017

This “Composer’s Cut” is the first time the film’s score has been released without dialogue tracks and features four never before released bonus tracks.

Pressed at GZ

yxBd5G.jpg

UBVLHG.jpg

Back on May 4th it was leaked that Mondo was working on his S/T for The Mandalorian...hope it's some sort of box set.

9wbafnnqe1x41.png

Back