What's Spinning

My collection #519-520

Toots and the Maytals - Sweet and Dandy
Mammal Hands - Shadow Work

It just started raining here but it's radiating pure ☀️ from my turntable with this brilliant reggae album. And perhaps my favourite album, a double, from the saxophone-piano-drums trio Mammal Hands, who should be releasing a new record soon.

20200524_133504.jpg

20200524_105727.jpg

Haha yeah! I find that with the roller too on smaller records (I find 10” almost impossible to do) but not with 12”. I do pour a fair bit of water over both the rollers and the brushes whilst filling and maybe the lubrication helps.

It was another forumer who put me onto Halfords and I absolutely agree paying more than is entirely necessary for what is in effect water with the minerals taken out is insane! We’re not running a chemistry lab here!

for the sleeves I order from the US from a company called sleeve city. They’re the best for my money. I wait for a 15% off deal on here (they often come around) and order like 400 a go. They work out more than the mofi by the time I add on shipping and customs but I like them and it’s a once a year/18 months kinda thing.
That may have been my mistake with the rollers, I’ll give it a go once the next batch of inners arrives. Thanks for the suggestion! 🍻 on the water too. Giving Halfords a look can see they do 5L deionised water for £4. Guessing it and distilled water are considered equivalent insofar as Spin-Clean goes? Was interesting to see the amount of crap that came off brand new records that’s for sure.

I can understand that with the sleeves, I’ve already come to like the mofi’s. It’s a tactile experience so it just becomes a part of it. I need to go hop to cook but I can’t reiterate enough my happiness with playing record.

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call

🇺🇸🧡📞

My favourite artist of late alongside Black Pumas and simply an incredible album throughout.

untitled-2jkkvo.jpg

20200523_181604-01kckja.jpeg

My collection #521-522

Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Dottir - Seeker

Love this album from Ghostface Killah but can only play this when the girlfriend and kids are well away from the house! Plus a great record female rocker from my v pleasant trip to the Faroe Islands last year (which also stands out with the only standard inner sleeve I've ever seen that maroon).

20200524_150646.jpg

20200524_160318.jpg

Back