What's Spinning

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call

🇺🇸🧡📞

My favourite artist of late alongside Black Pumas and simply an incredible album throughout.

untitled-2jkkvo.jpg

20200523_181604-01kckja.jpeg

Durand Jones & The Indications is so good, it's one of my favorite discoveries I had in the VMP Club. They had his first album as a curated pick and this one as an exclusive. Really great records. Also live they are amazing, I've seen them in 2018 in a tiny club in Cologne and it was so good, we were right at the stage. 🎺🎷👌A funny side episode was that my friend was wearing a t-shirt that had something with Copenhagen printed on it. After a few songs Durand Jones said "Hello Copenhagen", maybe irritated by that shirt haha, but quickly said "Cologne" 🤣 they're amazing live. ❤️

Durand Jones & The Indications is so good, it's one of my favorite discoveries I had in the VMP Club. They had his first album as a curated pick and this one as an exclusive. Really great records. Also live they are amazing, I've seen them in 2018 in a tiny club in Cologne and it was so good, we were right at the stage. 🎺🎷👌A funny side episode was that my friend was wearing a t-shirt that had something with Copenhagen printed on it. After a few songs Durand Jones said "Hello Copenhagen", maybe irritated by that shirt haha, but quickly said "Cologne" 🤣 they're amazing live. ❤
Fully agree! 🙌 I stumbled upon them on Spotify last year in my 'discover weekly' playlist that, for me at least, has become incredibly effective. From there checked out the whole album and absolutely loved it. Solid pick by VMP for sure and both jealous of people that were there for it and also of you getting to see them live! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for dates once life starts to gain some normalcy again. Brilliant to hear they're as great as I'd expect them to be 🥰👌. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and good jokes with the friend, I'm glad to hear it! 🥂

379B357F-174C-452A-9215-F95353CD9303.jpeg
1994 Classic Records reissue.

First spin of the day goes out to someone I’ve never met but I have often enjoyed his VC YouTube channel. Steve Carlson, who in the freak event of a dam breaking lost a lifetime worth of record collecting (10,000+) in one devastating blow. In the mist of this loss the man still finds a way to give back to those around him.

More about Steve’s Record Room here:

And for those so inclined here is a link to the GoFundMe page to help Steve and his family move forward: Flooding Steve Carlson With Love organized by Heave Starkema

Back