What's Spinning

0529201613.jpg

Evanescence - Synthesis Live (2018, reissue 2020)

I really didn't expect this to get a vinyl press, but Music On Vinyl delivered! I went on this tour, only a few nights after this live album was recorded, so it's awesome having it on vinyl! Beautiful, hefty, glossy gatefold. 2LP on 180 gram translucent red vinyl. Numbered and limited to 2000 copies (#1304 here). Sounds and looks amazing! So glad I get to relieve this show on vinyl!

Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)

This is the first time I have heard this album can you believe!! Fantastic, I really didn't think I would find this that good but his voice really shocked me (in a good way) and the rest of the music is, of course, superb! This is definitely going to get played a lot.

IMG_7492.JPG

LateNightTales - Jon Hopkins

🌃🌿

20200529_221338-01-0hajn3.jpeg

20200529_221519-01wbjy5.jpeg

The Mal Waldron Trio - The Blues Minus You - Ten Shades Of Blue (Music Minus One, 1959 First Pressing with book of sheet notes)

This is a real oddity of an album and actually quite the rarity, especially with the sheet music. Waldron was Billie Holiday's pianist for quite a while and the two formed a strong friendship. After Holiday passed away he started using drugs heavily and infamously lost his memory (and ability to play the piano) and was hospitalised for excessive drug use. Between Holiday's death and his hospitalisation, Waldron signed to 'Music Minus One', an obscure label that released play-along educational albums. This was his first and it's clear that this was meant for the most advanced players, as he does not hold back at all!

IMG_7500.JPG

Back