What's Spinning

It's the black vinyl. I think it's technically a repress, but it still makes me feel superior, 😆.

It was a gift from a very generous friend and N&G member
Nice! I assume from a certain Wisconsinite / Prine fan?

I asked because I’ve always wanted to see the pink and purple ones in “real life” - the only other person I’ve seen with an OG is @LeeVing and he also has the orange (which I think is most common?)

Goddamn nonfill…
IMG_8412.jpeg
Kacey Musgraves - Deeper Well

Edit: since some are concerned it was three spots pretty close together in the first two tracks. Wasn’t super bad. (Knock on wood as I am about half way through side two). It sucks but (so far), it ain’t enough to raise a stink about.

I am impressed with the staging and clarity otherwise. Giving it a dedicated listen, I see why so many of you were into it…. It’s a nice balance of a more traditional country feel and the poppier stuff she’s been doing since Golden Hour. I also think it is a step forward lyrically for her.

Last edited:
I’m getting cranky now…
IMG_8413.jpeg
The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

“Interscope High Fidelity” pressing

Same plates as last year. Pressed at GZ. You’ll notice the clamp, its handling a minor dish warp. One small spot of nonfill so far. Not the liveliest record I’ve ever listened to. But hey, I love this album so that’s a good thing.

I’m getting cranky now…
View attachment 205303
The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

“Interscope High Fidelity” pressing

Same plates as last year. Pressed at GZ. You’ll notice the clamp, its handling a minor dish warp. One small spot of nonfill so far. Not the liveliest record I’ve ever listened to. But hey, I love this album so that’s a good thing.

This is mostly for @Hemotep - cranked it about half way through side one. It ain’t half bad. Not sure it should be marketed at audiophiles but it’s pretty nice.

For everyone else, still cranky.

On one of @Gavaxeman ’s other Weller vids there is a comment from some old dude saying he has not liked anything Weller has done since The Jam broke up. Over 40 fucking years ago.
Yep they have not forgiven him ! I knocked up a style council playlist and it is rather great (in my humble opinion) if you ditch the chaf they made some ace music but most of its on singles and b sides

Arooj Aftab's "Night Reign". Guys. You guys. You must listen to this album. It is enchanting and beautiful in it's own way, but also in the way that Blossom Dearie or Gabor Szabo's Dreams is enchanting the first time you hear it when you're not expecting it.

I bought it on the strength of the first single, "Whiskey", but now I am more enamored of the opening track, Aey Nehim.

Anyway, it's 5am and I am having coffee and a quiet listen. Good morning, everyone.

night reign.jpg

Last edited:
Yep they have not forgiven him ! I knocked up a style council playlist and it is rather great (in my humble opinion) if you ditch the chaf they made some ace music but most of its on singles and b sides
When I have seen him live, he usually trots out one or 2 SC songs and they fit nicely in the set list, stripped back. Going to see him in September so we will see what he drags out from the back catalogue

Back