Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Amazon has some WiiM stuff on sale for Prime Day
WiiM Amp $239.20
WiiM ProPlus $175.20
WiiM Pro $119.20
WiiM Mini $71.20
WiiM Voice Remote $15.99

WiiM Home
So - I'm currently running an Onkyo A-9010 integrated amplifier (full setup in my signature) -- Hypothetically, if I switched this with the WiiM Amp - would I be losing anything fidelity-wise on my standard 2.1 setup at the expense of gaining some streaming capability?

So - I'm currently running an Onkyo A-9010 integrated amplifier (full setup in my signature) -- Hypothetically, if I switched this with the WiiM Amp - would I be losing anything fidelity-wise on my standard 2.1 setup at the expense of gaining some streaming capability?
Get a WiiM Pro Plus instead. Your Onyko is going to be a much better amplifier than the WiiM Amp, and all the rest of the streaming functionality is available in the Pro Plus. In fact, the Pro Plus has a nicer DSP than the WiiM Amp.

Get a WiiM Pro Plus instead. Your Onyko is going to be a much better amplifier than the WiiM Amp, and all the rest of the streaming functionality is available in the Pro Plus. In fact, the Pro Plus has a nicer DSP than the WiiM Amp.
I will say that I have a lack of understanding regarding the importance or role of my integrated amp. I am not using the integrated phono stage, so it is basically serving as a pass-through receiver while using my MP7B preamp. I also have an optical run from the Onkyo to my TV so I can use my speakers.

Someone want to give me some sort of explanation? Without understanding that well - I can't really contextualize your recommendation on the Pro Plus.

I will say that I have a lack of understanding regarding the importance or role of my integrated amp. I am not using the integrated phono stage, so it is basically serving as a pass-through receiver while using my MP7B preamp. I also have an optical run from the Onkyo to my TV so I can use my speakers.

Someone want to give me some sort of explanation? Without understanding that well - I can't really contextualize your recommendation on the Pro Plus.
Your amp has more power than the wiim amp. If you just want to add streaming and room correction add the pro plus. If you are looking for a better lifestyle all in one box, the wiim amp is fine but it may not sound as good and will have a greater impact on speaker upgrades in the future.

Your amp has more power than the wiim amp. If you just want to add streaming and room correction add the pro plus. If you are looking for a better lifestyle all in one box, the wiim amp is fine but it may not sound as good and will have a greater impact on speaker upgrades in the future.
Beautiful explanation. I think the Onkyo I have will serve me well. I'll think about adding that WiiM Pro Plus, as it's a good price.

That’s tough to hear. Unfortunately, cables aren’t something that wears out and needs replacing.

I have a Blue Jean cables for connecting my TT to the phono pre. It’s works great. No noise connection that fixed an issue I was having with humming.

I wish they would update their website. It’s tough to navigate and figure out what you are looking for.

Yikes!

Anyone need some cables?
Would be a good time to send them an order.

Uhg, that's no bueno. I had BJ's, went to Pangea, and then went back to BJ and never looked back, all my interconnects are BJ as well as my coax for my DAC (Pangea for power though). Maybe we'll give their speaker cables a go just to help the cause, would hate to see them fold up their tents.

That’s tough to hear. Unfortunately, cables aren’t something that wears out and needs replacing.

I have a Blue Jean cables for connecting my TT to the phono pre. It’s works great. No noise connection that fixed an issue I was having with humming.

I wish they would update their website. It’s tough to navigate and figure out what you are looking for.
Their website could use an upgrade for sure, unfortunately the "Look" of the site might be a poor first impression to those new to the hobby and or upgraded cables..............no matter how well they get talked up.

I blame @Mather and all the cableheads out there.

In all seriousness, I have a few (speakers + sub) and they work great. I had an HDMI but wasn’t great and stopped working for me.

I think the issue might be their price point. Most “normies” will spring for the cheaper mono price. And audiophiles think the cheaper cost may be a reflection of quality. They’re kinda in no-man’s land.

Uhg, that's no bueno. I had BJ's, went to Pangea, and then went back to BJ and never looked back, all my interconnects are BJ as well as my coax for my DAC (Pangea for power though). Maybe we'll give their speaker cables a go just to help the cause, would hate to see them fold up their tents.
I have their speaker cables and like them! Got the ones with the banana clips that twist and expand to lock into the binding posts

Back