Audio Killed the Visual Star: The August 2023 Vinyl Challenge

19. Regular Show

Five For Fighting - America Town

IMG_6119.jpeg

I worked for a local Top 40 station in the summer of 2001 and I got a promo CD copy of this album (found this tape in a clearance bin many years later). It’s complete sap; but it’s a pre-9/11 time capsule that still stirs up within me way more than a record like this should.

22. BoJack Horseman

"I got sad. A lot. I didn't come from such a great home. But one day I started running and that seemed to make sense, and I just kept running. Bojack, when you get sad, you run straight ahead, and you keep running forward no matter what. There are people in your life who are gonna try to hold you back, slow you down, but you don't let them. Don't you stop running and don't you ever look behind you. There's nothing for you behind you. All that exists is what's ahead."

Vangelis ~ Chariots of Fire

IMG_2775.jpeg

Day 20: Hey Arnold!
Nirvana - Live & Loud
IMG_6502.jpeg

Hey Arnold! was a bit after my time with Nickelodeon, all I recall is that title character had a football shaped head and their was a girl with a unibrow that was mean to em. The clip show a family sitting around watching news reports of the death of a musician that Arnold seemed to enjoy. That made me think of Kurt.

Last edited:
Back