Back In The Day: The Billboard Modern Rock Charts From 35 Years Ago

The next summer when Batman came out on VHS, I wore out that tape. Either that or I recorded it off HBO and wore out that tape. I must've watched it every weekday since I was a latchkey kid who was left to his own devices all summer.
My parents were divorced and my Dad moved away for work so we would only see him one weekend a month when he would pick us up and take to our Grandparents house who lived in town, we’d stay with them all for the weekend and it was always a bit of a struggle to keep us entertained for the full weekend. They did buy a few VHS tapes and we watched them every time we were there. The two we watched the most often were Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Batman. I can probably still recite both movies word-for-word.

The summer of 1989 was just magical for movies. Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Dead Poets Society, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Ghostbusters 2(yeah yeah, but that Bobby Brown song), Lethal Weapon 2, The Abyss, When Harry Met Sally, Road House, Do the Right Thing, Licensed to Kill, Parenthood, Turner and Hooch.

The summer of 1989 was just magical for movies. Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Dead Poets Society, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Ghostbusters 2(yeah yeah, but that Bobby Brown song), Lethal Weapon 2, The Abyss, When Harry Met Sally, Road House, Do the Right Thing, Licensed to Kill, Parenthood, Turner and Hooch.
Also, Back To The Future 2.

Yeah, and being an 8 year old kid in 1989 was pretty great as a result.

UHF too

Back