Definitive Audiophile pressings

I’d never listened to the.Black Sabbath album. I just wanted to share that I feel like a bit of a dope. Not life ending…. But a pretty dopey miss. Records.
Also, this is the absolute joy of the hobby and this forum. Best local record shop on the planet — even for the things that you just go, wait, what? Oh. Wow. I didn’t get that… but I do now.

Edit: and holy heck, the Wizard

I knew “Planet Caravan” only as a Pantera song for many years until someone informed me it was a cover. It barely sounds like a Pantera song either…

When the first Iron Man movie came out, my oldest was in High School. We were driving around town one day and Iron Man came over the radio and she was like “it’s so cool that Black Sabbath made this song for the movie!” “Sweetie, this song is older than I am.” “No it’s not.” “Well look it up when we get home.”

When the first Iron Man movie came out, my oldest was in High School. We were driving around town one day and Iron Man came over the radio and she was like “it’s so cool that Black Sabbath made this song for the movie!” “Sweetie, this song is older than I am.” “No it’s not.” “Well look it up when we get home.”
I never bothered to check, did Sabbath base the song off of the comic book character? Or was it a separate thing?

Also, this is the absolute joy of the hobby and this forum. Best local record shop on the planet — even for the things that you just go, wait, what? Oh. Wow. I didn’t get that… but I do now.

Edit: and holy heck, the Wizard
This a hundred times over. I have been turned on to so much via the forum, often stuff that I had passed over before but got convinced to give another shot

If I remember correctly it's referring to a fictional iron golum statue that sits in the center of town and watches the people around him who basically ignore him until he comes back to life. Something along those lines...
Even though the character came out a few years before the song I know I've heard an interview of them saying they had never heard of the comic, which is obvious by the story it's about.

Back