Definitive Audiophile pressings

Gone

Still listed as a pre-order from Warner Canada, in case FOMO has a delayed affect.

Still listed as a pre-order from Warner Canada, in case FOMO has a delayed affect.
I could tell by Steve Westman's puzzled looks that no one in Canada knows who ZZ Top is or what good Mexican food looks like.

I've been sorting through my shelves recently and couldnt believe how many Beach Boys albums I have. Its at least 15-20 and I imagine most of them are repackaged pressings of each other.
I installed the mono cart and dropped it on for a spin.
Sounds really excellent. Almost no noise.

They had a NM Pet Sounds on the wall for $100 and also a OG UK White album for $350.
A little rich for me but cool to see them in the wild.

Last edited:
I installed the mono cart and dropped it on for a spin.
Sounds really excellent. Almost no noise.

They had a NM Pet Sounds on the wall for $100 and also a OG UK White album for $350.
A little rich for me but cool to see them in the wild.
Ooooh any idea what the number was roughly on the White Album?

Im not a huge Beatles fan (by any stretch) but I also sorted through those the other day and have about 20 of their albums, including a White Album that I forgot I had! Not a low number though, I think it was something like 400,000 :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully more along the lines of the Cure, the Smiths, and Echo & The Bunnymen instead of the done to death Talking Heads and Ramones.
Doubt they will get The Cure and Patrick said that The Smiths are proving hard to get.....Bunnymen might be a good option. Wouldn't mind Talking Heads but Ramones seem like they have been done to death lately. I know some of those Rhino Talking Heads CB/KG cuts are still floating around in print though for $25ish.

Doubt they will get The Cure and Patrick said that The Smiths are proving hard to get.....Bunnymen might be a good option. Wouldn't mind Talking Heads but Ramones seem like they have been done to death lately. I know some of those Rhino Talking Heads CB/KG cuts are still floating around in print though for $25ish.

All those CB Ramones reissues were excellent, granted they are all out of print now. Would be par for the course for RHF to just have Kevin Gray do them again. Haven't had a AAA Echo/Cure/Smiths reissue ever.

All those CB Ramones reissues were excellent, granted they are all out of print now. Would be par for the course for RHF to just have Kevin Gray do them again. Haven't had a AAA Echo/Cure/Smiths reissue ever.
I think The Smiths might be a bit tough as I think the earlier albums were Rough Trade and licensed to Sire. But I could be way of base. Sire did put them all out in North American.

Would love to see some early Cure but not sure how the rights fall with Polydor and Fiction. Either way my 2016 copy of 17 Seconds is a Rhino reissue so fingers crossed. But Robbie seems to have his own way of doing reissues.

Echo is an interesting one. Would be curious to see what BoomBoom could do with Ocean Rain or Heaven Up Here. But he would be hard pressed to top my OG Japanese pressings of the first 5 albums. I was not happy with the sound on the reissues from a few years ago.

I think The Smiths might be a bit tough as I think the earlier albums were Rough Trade and licensed to Sire. But I could be way of base. Sire did put them all out in North American.

Would love to see some early Cure but not sure how the rights fall with Polydor and Fiction. Either way my 2016 copy of 17 Seconds is a Rhino reissue so fingers crossed. But Robbie seems to have his own way of doing reissues.

Echo is an interesting one. Would be curious to see what BoomBoom could do with Ocean Rain or Heaven Up Here. But he would be hard pressed to top my OG Japanese pressings of the first 5 albums. I was not happy with the sound on the reissues from a few years ago.
It's all wishful thinking. We all know we're gonna get some Doobie Brothers record that was somehow on Sire.

I know you have been wanting some Madonna
I would love Madonna

Also,

The Pretenders
Talking Heads
Replacements
Belly
Ramones
Jonathan Richman
Lou Reed
The Cults
Brian Eno
Ministry
The Go-Betweens
Primal Scream
The Ocean Blue
Dinosaur Jr.
Lilys
Guster
Spacehog

I imagine they will probably albums that have already proven popular in Rhinos recent reissues but I personally would dig some of the less popular artists.

I would love Madonna

Also,

The Pretenders
Talking Heads
Replacements
Belly
Ramones
Jonathan Richman
Lou Reed
The Cults
Brian Eno
Ministry
The Go-Betweens
Primal Scream
The Ocean Blue
Dinosaur Jr.
Lilys
Guster
Spacehog

I imagine they will probably albums that have already proven popular in Rhinos recent reissues but I personally would dig some of the less popular artists.
Eno would be amazing. Bunch of others here I’d easily be down for too.

Back