Definitive Audiophile pressings

So I got my first Paramount Pressings records in the mail yesterday. Soul Journey and Poor David's Almanack.

Soul Journey deadwax -- BWRMM ACNY-0305A-1 @MyWifeHatesTrain . seems to be same deadwax as the QRP pressing. It sounds pretty excellent to me. Haven't had any of Gillian's stuff on wax in the past. Haven't checked Poor David's yet.

Comes in a crystal clear inner instead of poly/rice paper. The run-in groove is VERY small. Almost hard to drop the needle in it without cutting off the first few notes on each side.

Last edited:
So I got my first Paramount Pressings records in the mail yesterday. Soul Journey and Poor David's Almanack.

Soul Journey deadwax -- BWRMM ACNY-0305A-1 @MyWifeHatesTrain . seems to be same deadwax as the QRP pressing. It sounds pretty excellent to me. Haven't had any of Gillian's stuff on wax in the past. Haven't checked Poor David's yet.

Comes in a crystal clear inner instead of poly/rice paper. The run-in groove is VERY small. Almost hard to drop the needle in it without cutting off the first few notes on each side.
Good good. Can completely resist the need to check them out. Looking forward to ordering the new one from @Ethos99

33 for $125....the previous 33 UHQRs were $99. and no wood dowel!

I think they jacked the prices up back when they did the Bob Marley ones at 33. I know Exodus was $125.
I have the great AP 45 of LA Woman, but the original packaging plus it being 33 is very tempting. Wish it was cheaper

The first Doors record and LA Woman are perfect. The rest of their catalog has their fair share of good moments. The cult of personality that was/is Morrison can make it hard to appreciate them.

I would add in Morrison Hotel to the perfect album mix. All of those 3 are great, yet I find myself playing The Soft Machine over and over and over. Having the hits played over and over on Classic Rock radio makes the lesser taken roads more appreciated IMO

I think they jacked the prices up back when they did the Bob Marley ones at 33. I know Exodus was $125.
I have the great AP 45 of LA Woman, but the original packaging plus it being 33 is very tempting. Wish it was cheaper
yea i somehow forgot that...if it goes out to other shops, you can often get free shipping and no tax. i may bite on it in a case like that with a coupon code or sale like I did with White Stripes and the Evans Vanguard UHQR...

Yeah I'll probably wait till it's in stock at Elusive Disc or Music Direct to get the free shipping. This ain't gonna sell out instantly like those Bob Marley discs

L.A. Woman was my least favorite of the Morrison Doors era - I got it very early in my CD buying days along with "In Concert" 2 CD fatboy.

But the AP 45 quickly changed my ranking of the album.

Oh....and my AP 45 of STP - Purple arrived today. Will probably have time to spin it later this afternoon.

While, I'm here waffling on that UHQR.

I just threw down on a minty copy DSOTM 30th.
I have 5 copies of this damn title I can hopefully unload now.
Whispering I saved shelf space to myself repeatedly until this makes sense.
Pinnacle boom boom cut was too hard to pass up.

I found a copy of that one for $25 NM at my local a couple years ago (when it was going for easily over $120+). I think they figured it was just the 2016 reissues not the super in demand 2003 Kevin Gray

Back