Definitive Audiophile pressings

It's pretty great. But are there really any bad sounding versions of that album? A 1973-1975ish era US copy sounds amazing too, not far off for a fraction the price. The KG has better depth and dynamic range, big bass.
This album requires really quite vinyl, which is damn near impossible for the OG. I've tried 🙄

Very true. Same with Wish You Were Here. I found a VG+ish Barry cut of that one for cheap too just because it had a damaged jacket. I'm the king of Pink Floyd used bin finds I guess
I have the halfspeed WYWH and love it. my father-in-law let me raid his vinyl collection a year or two in the UK and he was a big Pink Floyd fan, so I ended up with a bunch of early or OG UK copies of stuff too.

You married up!
My FIL was a huge Stones/Pink Floyd fan so he had lots of UK OGs of their albums that were in pretty good shape.

Have probably told this story before, but his brother went to Oxford and was one of the students who helped book The Rolling Stones to play a student ball at their college. The Stones weren't famous at all when they signed up to play at the college and agreed to a booking fee of £100. by the time the show came around, they were becoming super famous and in the middle of a US tour. they tried to back out of the gig but the school's head of the law department threatened to sue them for breach of contract haha. They ended up having to fly back to the UK in the middle of their tour to play the show.

Back