Definitive Audiophile pressings

Just picked up the new break out pressing of Neil Young "Weld". Shit has gone straight downhill since he sold his rights. $87, barebones jacket, PAPER SLEEVES. Discs are absolutely filthy and scratched to high heaven. Will wait to clean to see if its okay but I seriously doubt it with the amount of damage. It should be illegal to sell a record for $87 and use paper sleeves, punishable by being placed into a cannon and shot directly into Third Man Records.
I'm seeing $50, how much of that is Canadaland pricing?

Guys c'mon... the Door Rhino box, you don't need it. It ain't gunna beat the 45s. Unless you ABSOLUTELY DESPISE 45s you do not need it.
EVERYBODY JUST GET AHOLD OF YOURSELVES
I only have an old pressing of WFTS out of the 6.
I've been talking myself out of the the 45s, which seem to be tempting and repressed recently.
I did like the LAW 45 idea since it's almost an hour long.

But it's KG and the Doors. Too tempting to pass up... I need this lizard skin box.

I only have an old pressing of WFTS out of the 6.
I've been talking myself out of the the 45s, which seem to be tempting and repressed recently.
I did like the LAW 45 idea since it's almost an hour long.

But it's KG and the Doors. Too tempting to pass up... I need this lizard skin box.
All I have is the LA sessions set from rsd, but never been a big fan. If I'm ever going to get them this would be it. I'll need to do a full listen to the studio albums between now and then to see.

Also, let’s not forget that boys both mature much, much later and also… some parts of us never grow up.​

(Hopefully, in the positive and not weird and toxic manner)

and some of us just like the whole and don't give a crap about Jim individually***

*** Speaking only for a friend of course, there might be at least one in that category who'd begrudgingly admit that they'd consider cutting off an arm for that hair and sex appeal to women​

You really do not NEED to get into the Doors. There is plenty of other, better music out there to fill your time. Just my opinion.
No one NEEDS to get into any music ever and I've never been at a loss for good music to occupy my time.

Despite never having enjoyed the Doors, I'm someone who likes to revisit things from time to time and see if they hit any different. A nice audiophile release coming out in a format I enjoy is the closest I'll ever get to revisiting them for any reason again. So can't hurt to give them a stream. If I still think they're ditch weed level, then I'll move on quickly. I only picked up the rsd session box because I got it for $20, which made it worth a shot. I still haven't ever listened to it though...

Back