Definitive Audiophile pressings

Has anyone done a Cat Stevens shootout of the 50th Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser against clean originals?

I know, the AP and mofi get the most hype but they’re super pricey…

The hold on mine seemed to disappear after a few days.
Still kinda traumatized from the days when Amazon.uk would reserve on my card for a pre-order. Even though the site said £1 "verification" for about 5 days they would reserve the full amount and it would take 30 days and CS had absolutely no clue what i was talking about whenever i contacted them because the amount would sometimes be £100+.

Picked up this copy of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers S/T at Barnes and Noble the other day and was pretty surprised at how great it sounds.

CB cut and pressed at Pallas. Can’t recommend it enough, all around great rock and roll record and we’ll worth the $20 I paid.

Also the Newly released Allen Toussaint Life Love and Faith Speakers Corner pressing is a secret boom boom cut
Not so secret! Although SC doesn't fall in for the cult of mastering shop name dropping, they use KG most of the time for tapes on the west coast. Which is most Universal (that have survived) and WEA umbrella titles.

Picked up a copy of a Sundazed release of Leonard Cohen - Songs from a Room for $9.99 today at Newbury Comics. Opened it up and was a little surprised to see KPG@CA in the deadwax. Not seeing it in discogs with a quick glance. I guess KG recut quite a lot of Sundazed pressings quietly later on once he redid his studio.

For @waruv or anybody wondering about that Newbury comics Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales reissue, saw a copy today in person. It said AAA cut by Bernie Grundman and pressed at RTI. Limited to 750. The deadwax says BG on one side and CB on the other
Really good to know - likely means it's the same pressing as this one which is muy bueno - this one also has the BG/CB and is an RTI Pressing.

Back