Definitive Audiophile pressings

Another update on AS charges on big backorders: if you place a huge backorder (example $500 worth of titles), when one of those goes in stock to ship, you’ll see a $500 charge on your credit card for a day or two, then it will get settled to only be the amount for the one record that’s shipping. In case someone placed a huge order and gets confused or excited thinking their whole order is in stock…I think Target does the same thing and it seems like standard procedure with stuff like this, but just in case somebody is scared or confused hah

@Plaid Room / Colemine has the Allen Toussaint speakers corner pressing in stock now. It's very excellent. boomboom + AAA. really great album.

Another update on AS charges on big backorders: if you place a huge backorder (example $500 worth of titles), when one of those goes in stock to ship, you’ll see a $500 charge on your credit card for a day or two, then it will get settled to only be the amount for the one record that’s shipping. In case someone placed a huge order and gets confused or excited thinking their whole order is in stock…I think Target does the same thing and it seems like standard procedure with stuff like this, but just in case somebody is scared or confused hah
How do they handle shipping when you group a set of items not in stock? Is it $8 per item as they ship out or do they average out a higher shipping price for the total order or something else altogether?

Which Evans box? The AP Riverside box?

Yes— concord owns Riverside. So far they have farmed out the production of those AAA Evans to the companies you mentioned. I kinda get the impression that they aren’t all that interested in doing one steps that have already been done by other companies so I’d probably rule out Portrait and Village Vanguard for one steps. I wanna say Waltz for Debby’s tapes are shot (pretty sure I read that somewhere).

Yep, I was meaning the AP Riverside box. I know it will be fantastic but I can't justify the cost to myself.

Hey y'all-- wanted to point some of you over to the Paladin Buyers Club thread if you are not yet members. @Ethos99 now has a MoFi dealer, and he will be able to offer some of the One Steps to us at the wholesale price of
$108+ shipping instead of $125
. It's a very generous service that he's offering, and there is now a poll up for what titles he should consider ordering. Even if you aren't looking for the One Steps, there are plenty of other great titles up for offer at great prices. The post on the first page of that thread explains how the club works/how to join. It's only for members of N&G.

Please only vote on these titles if you actually intend on purchasing them!

Okay ridiculously good pressing alert. "The The" "The Comeback Special Live at Royal Albert Hall" 3LP is out of this world fantastic. Optimal press, mastered at Metropolis by Matt Coulton. Huge sound, massive stage, just really really phenomenal. The label is Cinéola who I've never heard of before but they are definitely on my watch list now.

Last edited:
Okay ridiculously good pressing alert. "The The" "The Comeback Special Live at Royal Albert Hall" 3LP is out of this world fantastic. Optimal press, mastered at Metropolis by Matt Coulton. Huge sound, massive stage, just really really phenomenal. The label is Cinéola who I've never heard of before but they are definitely on my watch list now.

I'm tempted, only £30 from the band's site page.

Back