Definitive Audiophile pressings

Picked up an OJC of Bill Evans Trio - Moon Beams yesterday that was sealed/new. Sounds quite good. Pressed at RTI and comes in a poly-lined inner. They seem hard to find online but have been spotting them in shops lately.
I listen to that exact version all the time. Good buy!

Picked up an OJC of Bill Evans Trio - Moon Beams yesterday that was sealed/new. Sounds quite good. Pressed at RTI and comes in a poly-lined inner. They seem hard to find online but have been spotting them in shops lately.
Is this a more recent ojc or an 80's press?

Anyone have a line on where a person might find the MOV Simon and Garfunkel Concert in Central Park? This barcode 8718469538195. I tried eBay and nothing, and everything on cogs is in Europe. I'm sure this is still in stores somewhere...

Is this a more recent ojc or an 80's press?
brand new. not sure if it's AAA but it does sound great. i don't see any more recent represses of it from OJC, so I'd assume that any new sealed versions you may see in the wild would also be the RTI pressing.

prices on discogs are high now. i paid $22 in a shop.

@zdkaiser i think i saw you had commented on it on discogs when i entered it into my collection haha

Does it have the G1 in the dead wax? I’m curious about new Moonbeams OJCs bc some are rumored to use the AAA Delancie plates

brand new. not sure if it's AAA but it does sound great. i don't see any more recent represses of it from OJC, so I'd assume that any new sealed versions you may see in the wild would also be the RTI pressing.

prices on discogs are high now. i paid $22 in a shop.

@zdkaiser i think i saw you had commented on it on discogs when i entered it into my collection haha
Ha ha. Yeah that's me. I try to drop a quick comment or two on albums I buy in Discogs. I find it so helpful when others mention where an album is pressed. I should probably update that review though. The replacement wasn't warped and sounds quite good. Looks like I purchased my copy in April 2019, and now OJCs are getting scarce.

Ha ha. Yeah that's me. I try to drop a quick comment or two on albums I buy in Discogs. I find it so helpful when others mention where an album is pressed. I should probably update that review though. The replacement wasn't warped and sounds quite good. Looks like I purchased my copy in April 2019, and now OJCs are getting scarce.
I should have gotten the other Evans OJCs they had yesterday…but I wanted to diversify the artists I was buying haha

I should have gotten the other Evans OJCs they had yesterday…but I wanted to diversify the artists I was buying haha
Avoid the recent OJC of Bill Evans Trio at Shelle's Manne-Hole, lousy pressing. Super noisy and plentiful sleeve scuffs. Don't think that one came out of RTI. Not sure who pressed it, though it is stamped "Well Made Music" in the deadwax.

Avoid the recent OJC of Bill Evans Trio at Shelle's Manne-Hole, lousy pressing. Super noisy and plentiful sleeve scuffs. Don't think that one came out of RTI. Not sure who pressed it, though it is stamped "Well Made Music" in the deadwax.
i think the shop i was in had Everybody Digs and New Jazz Conceptions too...might go back at some point to see if the still have them.

i think the shop i was in had Everybody Digs and New Jazz Conceptions too...might go back at some point to see if the still have them.
Came across an OG New Jazz Conceptions last weekend for a great price but honestly, not into that album at all. Feels kinda meh, so I passed

Everyone Digs is a RTI pressing. New Jazz Conceptions is out of another plant. Unsure which. I know my copy came in a paper sleeve and has quite a few scuffs. It's not a bad pressing, but relative to the RTIs, well, you know. Also, the New Jazz Conceptions almost sounds like it is mono.

Came across an OG New Jazz Conceptions last weekend for a great price but honestly, not into that album at all. Feels kinda meh, so I passed
Yea--I kinda regret not getting Everybody Digs. I was on the fence about New Jazz Conceptions and picked up a japanese pressing of Sam Jones - The Soul Society instead.

Yea--I kinda regret not getting Everybody Digs. I was on the fence about New Jazz Conceptions and picked up a japanese pressing of Sam Jones - The Soul Society instead.
I'd say you should pick up Everyone Digs, and I'm surprised you don't already own a copy of that album. I'm listening to New Jazz right now and it sounds quite good. I'd say it's worth the $20.

I'd say you should pick up Everyone Digs, and I'm surprised you don't already own a copy of that album. I'm listening to New Jazz right now and it sounds quite good. I'd say it's worth the $20.
I'm surprised too haha. I have lots of Evans but for some reason never picked that one up and hardly ever see used copies in the wild. Every time I have seen new reissues lately they have always been gray market ones. I had to pick one Evans since I bought WAY too many other albums this weekend and it was a toss up for me.

Back