Definitive Audiophile pressings

Haha pretty much. I narrowed it down to 8 titles plus all of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and Sonny Rollins. Those Booker Ervin records sound really good too.
The bookers are tempting. I have a few of the titles in the series on OJC and might stick with those (or sell the OJCs since they are all getting pricier now). I’ll probably sit out on Quiet Kenny since I have the KG Mono from RSD and am happy with it too. But that album is really awesome…

Yeah I have Soultrane, Relaxin, Cookin, Tenor Madness, and Sax Colossus on OJC (AAA) and they are just as good sounding as the APs. Plus the One-Step Lush Life and RSD Quiet Kenny (though I def want the Stereo of that one)

Yeah I mean I'm sure the Mofi would kill it, but... $$$. From what I can tell it's Memphis Record Pressing that did the actual press. I think? Although I do see GZ on the cogs link, but it didn't have the "Product of CZ" on the packaging so I don't think they pressed it. Do they own Memphis Record Pressing? I've lost track...

EDIT - They do own them. That's why they're on the Cogs link. But this was MRP pressed. (I know, not much better but... I've had less endemic problems with MRP than GZ FWIW.
I have a rip of the MoFi CD. It’s pretty solid. I’ve lost a few eBay auctions at the last minute for the vinyl which makes me sad…they don’t come up too often

@Russ I just noticed that the status on my Surf's Up AP has changed to Q (in warehouse) so those might be back real soon if you didn't backorder already.

edit: and it's live on the site/in-stock now too:

Thank you! Ordered. Not sure how quickly this might sell out, but if it's quick, I'm sure I would have missed it. Appreciate the heads-up.

Thank you! Ordered. Not sure how quickly this might sell out, but if it's quick, I'm sure I would have missed it. Appreciate the heads-up.
No prob! Happened to notice as I was looking through backorders to double check which Prestige titles I backordered haha. Exciting! I bet it goes out in the email blast tonight.

I’ve never preordered anything from AS. If you order in stock items >$49 and preorder other stuff, does everything get free shipping? Or will they charge shipping for the preorders when they come in stock?

I’ve never preordered anything from AS. If you order in stock items >$49 and preorder other stuff, does everything get free shipping? Or will they charge shipping for the preorders when they come in stock?
Yep if the in stock is over $49, preordered will also ship free. And your cc will only be charged when it ships. They have the best packaging mailers out there and ship with FedEx

Yep if the in stock is over $49, preordered will also ship free. And your cc will only be charged when it ships. They have the best packaging mailers out there and ship with FedEx
I should maybe split up some of backorders then and add them to in stock items…hmm! I thought people were unsure last time if you will get hit with a shipping charge later since there’s a disclaimer saying that on the site. I’d be surprised if they can suddenly charge you more later on though

I should maybe split up some of backorders then and add them to in stock items…hmm! I thought people were unsure last time if you will get hit with a shipping charge later since there’s a disclaimer saying that on the site. I’d be surprised if they can suddenly charge you more later on though
Yeah, I think one other person said they got hit by the additional shipping charge for their preorder.

Back