Definitive Audiophile pressings

I held out on the bad pressings of this one for while, the Abbey Road 1/2 speed pressing popped up on Amz for 40%. so I used up some gift card I had left from the holidays. Will have it in a few days and let everyone know my thoughts. Hoping it's enjoyable.

Amazon product ASIN B01IO5Q3MG
i think @Joe Mac said it best....this is probably the best it will sound on vinyl. i wouldn't call it audiophile really but it's enjoyable. and the 2nd disc is nice to have! i think you'll enjoy it.

Your on a a roll over there killjoy.

Lower fi is "sort of" the Daptone house sound right ?
Sorry it's just the way that one sounds unfortunately. It's just the recording, I think the annoyance with it is that with all the instrumentation it COULD sound amazing, but it just wasn't recorded that way I guess.

But hey look the upshot of all this is that is now BOUND to sound better than you're expecting it to right?

I'm just bitter because both of my deliveries today were complete write offs.

Sorry it's just the way that one sounds unfortunately. It's just the recording, I think the annoyance with it is that with all the instrumentation it COULD sound amazing, but it just wasn't recorded that way I guess.

But hey look the upshot of all this is that is now BOUND to sound better than you're expecting it to right?

and at least I didn't waste $16 on the crap, crap versions 😊

Yeah just sadly 2007 and very digital and very loud and very much made with two super loud pop producer dudes.

i think @Joe Mac said it best....this is probably the best it will sound on vinyl. i wouldn't call it audiophile really but it's enjoyable. and the 2nd disc is nice to have! i think you'll enjoy it.
This is my review as well. It will never stop you in your tracks sound wise, but it's a fun listen. I put on the 2nd disc more often than the 1st disc. It's a nice bonus.

I agree with this. It's the best out there and I don't think it's bad at all. Just not great. Worth the extra bucks if you want it on vinyl over the standard

It is indeed, I spun about half of the first side and honestly it was incredible. I actually said "Oh my God" out loud at one point. Now I've never had a copy of this on vinyl so I don't know how it compares to the Grundman and whatnot but I can definitely say that it sounds incredibly good. Is 80322 the one to get? I looked up some reviews before I grabbed it but I didn't do a deep dive into whether it's a sought after pressing.

This is the one:

Pink Floyd - Meddle
yes, mine came today and it’s GREAT

I have a -1U OG UK but am tempted by this. My OG has a little surface noise. I’m going to run it thru my new humminguru and see if that cleans it up. It’s only in one song…. Where is everyone getting this version?
Record City had one or two copies but might be gone by now since people here bought them haha

This is my review as well. It will never stop you in your tracks sound wise, but it's a fun listen. I put on the 2nd disc more often than the 1st disc. It's a nice bonus.
I agree with this. It's the best out there and I don't think it's bad at all. Just not great. Worth the extra bucks if you want it on vinyl over the standard
How about Frank, what do you guys/gals/non binary's got ?

I have a -1U OG UK but am tempted by this. My OG has a little surface noise. I’m going to run it thru my new humminguru and see if that cleans it up. It’s only in one song…. Where is everyone getting this version?
I got this one from recordcity Friday and it came……. Today. They’re international shipping wizards.

Last edited:
Back