Definitive Audiophile pressings

Okay, I thought this would be as good of a place as any to share this. I wasn't sure to just laugh or cry by this situation, however I thought it might provide me a little catharsis and maybe a little humor for you guys.

Few weeks back I finally snagged one of my whales. Sealed copy of DSOTM 30th Anniversary.
View attachment 131836

Immediately upon receiving I could barely contain my excitement. Tearing through the shipping box and carefully slicing the shrink wrap revealed a Mather-esque warp. Noooooooo! After a few moments of self-reflection on my life choices and contemplation if I wanted to soldier on with this stupid hobby, "no problem I'll just Vinyl Flat it"....

...90 minute timer like I have done countless times...@#$!!! melted the crap out of it.
View attachment 131839

More self-reflection and sulking and then off to Discogs to find a NM opened copy. Please note the date important for the next part. We all know what happened the following day.
View attachment 131840

and now country of origin.
View attachment 131841

Who knows if I ever get it and at this point I really don't care. Thoughts and prayers with the brave and courageous people of Ukraine you are an inspiration to us all.

Holy fuck.... and holy fuuuuuuck.

Also, if anyone finds another Joe Hendy - Elements out there lemme know, I hesitated on all the listings so far and well, you know ow that feels.
it should be a somewhat wide restock. i had posted another place that had it this AM but sold out. will tag ya if i see another!

i'd keep an eye at Plaidroom--didn't see them post restocks of it yet and i think their restock list usually goes out tonight.

Last edited:
it should be a somewhat wide restock. i had posted another place that had it this AM but sold out. will tag ya if i see another!

i'd keep an eye at Plaidroom--didn't see them post restocks of it yet and i think their restock list usually goes out tonight.

edit: here's one on discogs for not a bad price:
you can dm or cc @Plaid Room / Colemine they might take a couple days but usually get back about stock or if they have some on order.

Chad says all the AP Beach Boys are now OOP, so might be worth picking them up if any of you have been wanting any...
All of them sound so good.

Speaking of Beach Boys, I bought a standalone copy of the Carl and the Passions mono Pet Sounds "two-for" of Hoffman forum fame the other day from a small new local shop near me. It really does sound fantastic!

Speaking of Beach Boys, I bought a standalone copy of the Carl and the Passions mono Pet Sounds "two-for" of Hoffman forum fame the other day from a small new local shop near me. It really does sound fantastic!
Ya have a discogs link? Curious which pressing it is.

I have that one too. It’s fantastic. The label on the Pet Sounds says it’s Stereo but the fine print says it’s in Monophonic as Brian intended. It’s a fun quirk.
8130F9F1-BF87-49B7-8E9B-10F0E879B19D.jpeg
I actually just grabbed the Wild Honey - 20/20 twofer as well so I could get my mitts on a cheap quality copy of 20/20.

Ya have a discogs link? Curious which pressing it is.

I’ve got the 1974 repress.

I have that one too. It’s fantastic. The label on the Pet Sounds says it’s Stereo but the fine print says it’s in Monophonic as Brian intended. It’s a fun quirk.
View attachment 131873
I actually just grabbed the Wild Honey - 20/20 twofer as well so I could get my mitts on a cheap quality copy of 20/20.
Yep! I thought I remember reading that they were afraid people would think you wouldn’t be able to play the mono record with a stereo setup, so they kept stereo on the jacket/labels even though it was the mono version.

Back