Definitive Audiophile pressings

The thing that pisses me off the most about all this is I recently upgraded Workingman’s Dead and American Beauty to MoFi 45xRPM from the Rhino Bellman cut reissues. I was planning on PIFing it or giving away my old Rhino copies but now I think I should hold on to them since they were actually cut from the original tapes and since there is a subset of audiophiles that worship at the AAA alter it’s seems like I should hold on to them since they are AAA even though I much prefer my MoFi copies. This is where the collecting part of this hobby kinda blows.
Are those Rhino issues AAA? I was under the impression they went through a similar digital process as the MoFi, as most Dead reissues do. But I could be wrong.

Anyone have Violent Femmes self titled Craft reissue? Supposedly there’s a Boom Boom cut out there! I have an early Slash reissue and it’s a really great and cool sounding record but I’m wondering if Kevin Gray could squeak even more magic out of it.

Anyone have Violent Femmes self titled Craft reissue? Supposedly there’s a Boom Boom cut out there! I have an early Slash reissue and it’s a really great and cool sounding record but I’m wondering if Kevin Gray could squeak even more magic out of it.

I have that Craft and it's pretty good, all things considered. Haven't compared it to anything though, and Boom Boom can create magic so...

But on it's own it's a good pressing.

EDIT: And I see it was pressed at Rainbo... but that doesn't change anything. It's good.

This is the version I have. I will say it was a pain in the ass to get a decent copy. First one was badly warped. Second copy had a huge scratch on one side. Third copy is edge-warped, but no scratches. It is also isn't the best pressing. If I remember correctly, it was poorly trimmed and the edge on one side of the record was super thick and dull, and on the other side of the disc the edge was very thin and sharp. Kind of a shitshow, then again it was Rainbo. Overall it sounds mediocre at best. Haven't spun it in awhile. Maybe the new ones are pressed better since Rainbo is no longer.

I have two pressings, this one:

I bought a few years ago that’s HOT, needle skips all over the place on Blister In The Sun.

Purchased a second copy that’s a KPG pressed at Rainbo but haven’t played yet so can’t compare but the reviews are really good. But if you’re happy with what you’ve got 🤷🏼‍♂️

I might be able to help on this one. I ordered a copy of this from Acoustic Sounds as the shipping add in for the cancelled Sly order. There is, to my eyes, a tiny KG@CA in the deadwax. Otherwise no visible differences than the existing 2018 release.

It’s…real good. Like, I turned up the volume a few notches but it’s pretty stellar given the type of music. Notable separation on the instruments, very punchy bass and drums, Blister hits you in the face. With that said this is the kind of mastering I dig so it might be overkill for others,

That's a weird one with KPG in the runout but no other indication he had anything to do with cutting the lacquer or mastering.

Yeah, there is nothing else to indicate really any of the data on the Discogs history on either sleeve and there’s no insert. I am guessing the KPG entry copied the old Craft info in lieu of more current data except for the runouts and Craft probably didn’t want to promote it as a new cut if it is, 38th anniversary or whatever doesn’t seem as appealing

Back