Definitive Audiophile pressings

i have the OG MoFi and it's very mediocre at best. I can't say I have heard a really good sounding pressing of this one yet but don't think I'm about to pay $150 to find out haha.
Initial reads I am seeing from the galley... are $150? "pass"

Myself, I would prefer to be in the murder dungeon than buy a Steely Dan record.

I do appreciate the music history and the stories on tapes are always intriguing.

Initial reads I am seeing from the galley... are $150? "pass"

Myself, I would prefer to be in the murder dungeon than buy a Steely Dan record.

I do appreciate the music history and the stories on tapes are always intriguing.
I'm a Steely Fan and don't see myself dropping $150 on this. The $90 upcharge on getting a box and the clarity vinyl vs a regular AP 45 is insanity.

think this is the same as the Thorens 125th anniversary pressing?
Yes, in that long video with Chad, he said they were repressing this under QRP's name.

sheesh for a benj, can't you buy all these albums separately?
edit: and then weed out this stuff you don't want to hear anyway.

I'm a Steely Fan and don't see myself dropping $150 on this. The $90 upcharge on getting a box and the clarity vinyl vs a regular AP 45 is insanity.
Yeah, I'd love a standard $40 AP remastered version of this. I suppose they won't be undercutting themselves on the $150 version, though. Maybe down the line?

fwiw, people have said this does sound absolutely incredible. it's not for me, but don't doubt it sounds great and would make a good demo disc.
I get that but doesn't everyone have really good music to demo their system?

I suppose there is a consumer for this but it's not me by a longshot.

I have this Thorens collection. Showbiz Kids (opening track by RLJ) is the best sounding song I own. The whole thing sounds fantastic, but that track. Sheesh.

I get that but doesn't everyone have really good music to demo their system?

I suppose there is a consumer for this but it's not me by a longshot.
This one isn't entirely for me either, but I also know lots of people hate comps on vinyl and i have quite a lot that i enjoy throwing on when I'm not sure what to listen to. Not enough songs on here for me for the price but definitely some great sounding tracks on there and a bit of a mix of genres/styles.

Not important, but is that really the cover art for the QRP reissue? How about a photo of anything? A lathe? Chad laughing hysterically watching the Mike@IG video “interview” with the Mofi guys? Anything?

Back