Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I really hate getting an EI vote when it just shows that they don't know what they are doing...or just don't care.

This guy EI'd my revert of his change - even when told we don't credit RTI for pressing unless specifically credited as such.

Quick question: What do you do with a Discogs "In Collection" entry after you sell an album? I have a number of custom fields (where I bought it, how much I paid for it, how much I sold it for, etc.). I don't want to lose that information, but I also don't want my sold items sitting in my collection after I sell them. (I have a folder for Discog Sold - so it's not actually "in" my collection - but the only way to remove it is to remove the full entry with all the extra information.) Does that make sense?

tldr: Is there a way to remove an album from my active Discogs collection but still keep the entry stored somewhere?

image0.jpeg

Quick question: What do you do with a Discogs "In Collection" entry after you sell an album? I have a number of custom fields (where I bought it, how much I paid for it, how much I sold it for, etc.). I don't want to lose that information, but I also don't want my sold items sitting in my collection after I sell them. (I have a folder for Discog Sold - so it's not actually "in" my collection - but the only way to remove it is to remove the full entry with all the extra information.) Does that make sense?

tldr: Is there a way to remove an album from my active Discogs collection but still keep the entry stored somewhere?

View attachment 140351
I suspect you might need another account, if that's permitted.

View attachment 140351
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to do that with Discogs. Once I sell an album I just remove it from my collection, but I don't have those types of notes included. The only thing I can think of would be to transfer that info to an excel or google sheet for sold items, but obviously that's not ideal.

View attachment 140351
Kick out an export of your collection periodically and date them so you can return to them when you need to?

One day Discogs will remember that I don’t want them to sell my private information and I’ll never have to confirm that again.

Hello!

I have purchased quite a bit on Discogs but have never sold anything. Are there any Canadians on here that have tips about setting up as a seller? I’m most curious about shipping best practices, such as which carriers to use and how much to charge people who purchase from foreign countries.

I haven’t read through the entire thread so my apologies if this question has been asked before!

So I know just from my selling history that I am way over the $600 limit. My question is how do I know what my tax liability is on my sales? Is this stuff taxed at a flat rate? Or does it all get lumped into my adjusted gross income?

I need an accountant

So I know just from my selling history that I am way over the $600 limit. My question is how do I know what my tax liability is on my sales? Is this stuff taxed at a flat rate? Or does it all get lumped into my adjusted gross income?

I need an accountant
I need help with this as well. And I'm not too happy about the transition to this MUCH lower threshold of revenue. :(

Back