Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Unfortunately. I'm told this type is manageable, possibly curable. Right now it's a measure of getting to a good mental space, but I'm staying positive. (y)

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I didn't even think about it when I typed it, carry on ;)
You got this! We love ya and we are here to rally around and support you as much as a record collecting community can! Don’t ever feel bad about sharing, if you’re comfortable with sharing we will always be happy to listen!

Unfortunately. I'm told this type is manageable, possibly curable. Right now it's a measure of getting to a good mental space, but I'm staying positive. (y)

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I didn't even think about it when I typed it, carry on ;)
For what it's worth my wife was diagnosed as stage 4, out of the blue, 6 months before our wedding, and she beat it. Clear for 9 years now, you got this.

Curious if anyone here has experience with the Bose Quietcomfort (or Ultra) headphones? I want a pair of ANC headphones for travelling on choo choos and buses, so I'm not looking for audiophile grade headphones per se. I've tried the Sony headphones in the past and my ears are too fat for their cups (and I though thtey sounded like shit). Is the Ultra worth getting over the normal QC?
I use a pair of QC35’s when i’m mowing the lawn. Love them. Just replaced the earcups and headband pad after 5+ years of use. Hope to get another 5+ yrs out of them. Not the be all end all in sound but they sound damn good and block out a ton of noise.

For those that picked up the WiiM Pro, what have your use cases been? I'm going to hook mine up to my vintage receiver so it can stream, then get my Plex hooked up where I have my mp3s. My receiver also has only one aux input, so I am thinking of using the line in to put in my CD player or aux cord. Will this work? I know it'll bypass the Wiim's DAC, so maybe I could figure out a way to use the coax or optical.

For those that picked up the WiiM Pro, what have your use cases been? I'm going to hook mine up to my vintage receiver so it can stream, then get my Plex hooked up where I have my mp3s. My receiver also has only one aux input, so I am thinking of using the line in to put in my CD player or aux cord. Will this work? I know it'll bypass the Wiim's DAC, so maybe I could figure out a way to use the coax or optical.
Any line in RCA should work as an analog input. I'm unclear on what you mean by bypassing the Wiim DAC though; analog output comes through the DAC. I'm probably missing something here.

Any line in RCA should work as an analog input. I'm unclear on what you mean by bypassing the Wiim DAC though; analog output comes through the DAC. I'm probably missing something here.
OK thanks, I might've misunderstood some of the explanations I read online related to the DAC. So my CD player's DAC would also kick in in addition to the Wiim's? Or is the Wiim the final say here since it's the last connection before it hits the receiver?

OK thanks, I might've misunderstood some of the explanations I read online related to the DAC. So my CD player's DAC would also kick in in addition to the Wiim's? Or is the Wiim the final say here since it's the last connection before it hits the receiver?
I am just relaying how node works. If you use coax or USB connections, it defers DAC to the external next device downstream. Red and White and optical use the Node internal DAC.

I don't have a Wiim so can't confirm if they wired DAC switches in the same way.

Here is what I found as i/o on the Wiim Pro.

Inputs
  • 1x Analog RCA Line Input
  • 1 Vrms
  • 48kHz/24-bit
  • SNR 91dB
  • 1x SPDIF in Optical, up to 192kHz/24-bit
Outputs
  • 1x Analog RCA Line output
  • 1x Digital optical (SPDIF) output
  • 1x Digital Coaxial output, up to 384kHz/32-bit

If you connect an optical digital input to the Wiim, it will output analog from the DAC. If you connect the CD analog outputs to the Wiim, the WiiM digitizes the source back to 48kHz/24 bit and sends it to the Wiim DAC for analog output. This would not be the best way to handle a CD source, but most CD players do not have an optical output, which would be preferable here.

i have a question about cueing up/needle drop into the run in groove using a 1200 mk2 in particular.i usually do my needle drops by hand not using the cue lever and have no issue with the cartridge/stylus immediately improperly jumping/skipping into the first track unless do to error on my part.my needle drops at times are questionable because of a shaky hand due to anxiety/stress issues i deal with.when i'm dealing with a anxiety/stress issue i would prefer to use the cue lever but i noticed when using it a little less than half of the times the cartridge/stylus likes to immediately improperly jump/skip into the first track.this is really starting to irk me, the anti skate is set and functions properly when playing records.if anyone has advice or insight to what might be causing this it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back