Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yeah I've read the Lansing's were comparable. I'm sure you'd need to fully rebuild them at this point to even come close to current La Scalas but man they look cool.

Also buying La Scalas in high school... yeah prices sure are comparable now huh?
He basically put all the money he made working at a hifi store into ‘em. He bought them unfinished (veneer-wise) and I think they were around $1400 in 1978? So a little under $7000 USD equivalent.

I guess it’s not apples to apples, as the scene was more mainstream at that point.

He basically put all the money he made working at a hifi store into ‘em. He bought them unfinished (veneer-wise) and I think they were around $1400 in 1978? So a little under $7000 USD equivalent.

I guess it’s not apples to apples, as the scene was more mainstream at that point.
That's awesome. Your dad is awesome. Also I've still never heard those speakers, will have to remedy that soon...

Still, that was around the median price of a used car in 1978. That’s commitment from a high schooler!

Curious if anyone here has experience with the Bose Quietcomfort (or Ultra) headphones? I want a pair of ANC headphones for travelling on choo choos and buses, so I'm not looking for audiophile grade headphones per se. I've tried the Sony headphones in the past and my ears are too fat for their cups (and I though thtey sounded like shit). Is the Ultra worth getting over the normal QC?

Curious if anyone here has experience with the Bose Quietcomfort (or Ultra) headphones? I want a pair of ANC headphones for travelling on choo choos and buses, so I'm not looking for audiophile grade headphones per se. I've tried the Sony headphones in the past and my ears are too fat for their cups (and I though thtey sounded like shit). Is the Ultra worth getting over the normal QC?
i have bose QCs. they are fine and i have a big head. not sure how much they cost these days (think i have the QC35s?). they definitely have a sound signature to them that's pretty bass heavy.

these sound significantly better to me and are a great price but likely more than ya wanna spend. and the noise cancelling is a bit better on the bose from what i remember: Focal Bathys - Premium Bluetooth Hi-Definition Portable Headphones with Built-In DAC - Clearance / Open Box

i have bose QCs. they are fine and i have a big head. not sure how much they cost these days (think i have the QC35s?). they definitely have a sound signature to them that's pretty bass heavy.

these sound significantly better to me and are a great price but likely more than ya wanna spend. and the noise cancelling is a bit better on the bose from what i remember: Focal Bathys - Premium Bluetooth Hi-Definition Portable Headphones with Built-In DAC - Clearance / Open Box
Yeah I’m just looking for something to drown out schizophrenic dudes screaming and babies crying when I’m on the bus, don’t need audiophile grade

Curious if anyone here has experience with the Bose Quietcomfort (or Ultra) headphones? I want a pair of ANC headphones for travelling on choo choos and buses, so I'm not looking for audiophile grade headphones per se. I've tried the Sony headphones in the past and my ears are too fat for their cups (and I thought thtey sounded like shit). Is the Ultra worth getting over the normal QC?
Not sure about buses, but these are perfect for groovin’ on choo choos

IMG_2642.jpeg

Yeah I’m just looking for something to drown out schizophrenic dudes screaming and babies crying when I’m on the bus, don’t need audiophile grade
the QCs are fine. not sure how much of an upgrade in sound they are over whatever Sonys you had. haven't tried the ultra. not sure if there's somewhere you can try them on or a place to buy with easy returns if they don't fit your noggin.

the QCs are fine. not sure how much of an upgrade in sound they are over whatever Sonys you had. haven't tried the ultra. not sure if there's somewhere you can try them on or a place to buy with easy returns if they don't fit your noggin.
Yeah I was gonna order through BH since they're pretty fast and easy to work with. I could take an uber to the mall and go to Best Buy but I'd rather not give BB my money vs BH.

The Fit Pros have a little nubbin that rests inside the crook of your ear (as opposed to looping over the top), works really well for me, quite comfy. The noise canceling and transparency modes work great.

View attachment 211196
I love the Beats Pro. I am not a big in ear headphones person. I usually reach for my Sony MX3’s but I wanted a pair on quality in ears for those times when thou over the ear weren’t feasible but I find myself reaching more and more for the Beats Pros because they are so easy and still sound really good.

Back