Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I love mine, but I don't have the worst static issues especially after running new purchases through the HG. I've heard the Thunderon is better for those issues.
Ya, without some sort of RCM I can see the Thunderon being a great option. I run all my records through my VPI and use the brush when playing, works like a charm.

Just to be clear, almost all the words he uses here about static and charge, etc. are misused and plain wrong. It doesn't mean the brush doesn't work just that how it works and how to describe that is being completely massacred here.
Given the audio world's relationship to science in general this doesn't really surprise me, but it definitely works.

I remember seeing a lot of kerfuffle about the Thunderon scratching records, what's the scoop there?
Been using one for years and never had any issues. How hard are people brushing??

Probably a deal breaker for me, lol. I like to just toss a record on, do a swipe or two, be gone. I'll just keep using a microfiber cloth to offload the occasional cat hair that magnetizes to the record.

Naw, I don't use it unless there's a cat hair on the record. I clean everything with a VPI before tossing it on but after playing I'll have a cat hair or two that came out of nowhere and just wipe those off when I flip the record. I don't even use the AQ brush half the time.

I have considered replacing the stock Technics mat because I think that could be contributing to static too.

Probably a deal breaker for me, lol. I like to just toss a record on, do a swipe or two, be gone. I'll just keep using a microfiber cloth to offload the occasional cat hair that magnetizes to the record.
It works fine as a dust brush on the platter, but if you're trying to neutralize strong static (say in a very dry environment) it works best holding the record in hand.

Back