Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Interesting..............
1725544213022.png

It is. I get the impression that it’s going sit between the GR2 and the G in the range so my guess would be around €3k.
If that's where it lands, they're gonna sell a lot of these. Honestly, I'd probably replace my 1210 with this, I love it, but the "DJ" extras where never a visually good thing for my taste, but you make compromises.
1725545075449.png

We'll see how me "demo" TT time ends up going once that gets here :)

If that's where it lands, they're gonna sell a lot of these. Honestly, I'd probably replace my 1210 with this, I love it, but the "DJ" extras where never a visually good thing for my taste, but you make compromises.
View attachment 212846

We'll see how me "demo" TT time ends up going once that gets here :)
This is what I’ve been waiting for. A higher end Technics deck without the DJ stuff. Damn. My wallet is starting to hurt already.

Last edited:
I love the look of technics and the ease of a DD set up. You guys can have fun futzing with belts to change speeds, I will just press a button thank you.

If priced at At $3k this would potentially be the first brand new Turntable I ever considered purchasing.
The motor is super convenient and so is the removable head shell.
But be prepared for your cart budget to go boom😉

I love the look of technics and the ease of a DD set up. You guys can have fun futzing with belts to change speeds, I will just press a button thank you.

If priced at At $3k this would potentially be the first brand new Turntable I ever considered purchasing.

Electronic speed change is pretty ubiquitous on belt driven turntable too now at this stage.

Direct drive adds ease to an already painstaking hobby, but I enjoy placing and returning the tonearm as part of the ritual. Feels too robotic otherwise (please note: my office TT is a direct drive with auto return, so I see the benefits).

As @Joe Mac mentioned, most mid-level belt driven tables have speed boxes now, which I would not give up. Very few of my records are 45 RPM anyway, so it’s not an issue. Enjoy those gaudy buttons, Technerdz!

Wonder how this thing will sound compared to a MoFi Ultradeck. My initial instict is it would be a lateral move and would make more sense to save up for a G if I want to go the Technics route?
Well this is a G class deck, that's what makes this interesting. Looks like they're using some trickle down from the 1200G's to this one. My gut feeling is that it would outperform the UD, again, one of the reasons I made that move myself, even though I wasn't completely crazy about the DJ thingies, lol. There are for sure going to be some compromises in this unit, but it depends on what they are, should be fun to follow.

Back