Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Well this is a G class deck, that's what makes this interesting. Looks like they're using some trickle down from the 1200G's to this one. My gut feeling is that it would outperform the UD, again, one of the reasons I made that move myself, even though I wasn't completely crazy about the DJ thingies, lol. There are for sure going to be some compromises in this unit, but it depends on what they are, should be fun to follow.

I couldn’t see that it was a magnesium arm (maybe I didn’t read close enough) but it has the same build and the brass sub platter which are big jumps from the GR2. Using the delta sigma motor programming is actually in some ways a jump up from the G as that’s only been in the GR2 thus far.

Does this 1300G have a hinged dustcover? If not, it's a non-starter. If so, well damn...
I see a pic with the cover.

Screenshot_20240905_212741_Chrome.jpg

I love my G and will never sell it, but had the 1300 been available, I would have bought it instead. They’ll sell a lot of these.
I agree these will do very well and I'm happy to see more folks interested in this TT.
But the deck damping and tonearm on the G still are major upgrades.

It's crazy how I paid almost the similar price of this new model in 2022 for a 1210G. The price increases have been relentless even with a strong dollar.

I agree these will do very well and I'm happy to see more folks interested in this TT.
But the deck damping and tonearm on the G still are major upgrades.

It's crazy how I paid almost the similar price of this new model in 2022 for a 1210G. The price increases have been relentless even with a strong dollar.
If it ever drops to a price point competitive with the 1300 I’d consider buying it. Even with a Music Direct 15% off code the G is still more than its prior MSRP.

I love the look of technics and the ease of a DD set up. You guys can have fun futzing with belts to change speeds, I will just press a button thank you.

If priced at At $3k this would potentially be the first brand new Turntable I ever considered purchasing.

Moving my belt down one notch takes the same amount of time as pressing a button.

Ojas has a Kilpsch collaboration out now. Anyone have a spare 8.5K laying around?

Back