Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

It’s now threaded! Whatever about the sound improving stuff that’s what I’m here for, that cartridge was a bastard to mount!
It was a pain, but there was a trick to it..............that said, I may add it back to the line up at some point, but I'm glad I have a removable head shell :)

Oh you did, the whole nuts in the guard. I’m clumsy enough that it was still not as straightforward as it should have been….
Its a little goofy, but works. You basically put the screws in the head shell with the nuts on the end, just enough to hold them in place, WITHOUT THE CART. Then put have the screws offset in like a 45 degree angle, mount the cart, so you're initially not mounting it straight, that actually gives you more play when getting the screws into place. Once the screws are in the guides and lined up, you turn the cart straight and tighten.

It works much better than it sounds, super easy. :)

Its a little goofy, but works. You basically put the screws in the head shell with the nuts on the end, just enough to hold them in place, WITHOUT THE CART. Then put have the screws offset in like a 45 degree angle, mount the cart, so you're initially not mounting it straight, that actually gives you more play when getting the screws into place. Once the screws are in the guides and lined up, you turn the cart straight and tighten.

This is how I mounted my SAE.

But the Hana isn’t open at the side? It has a hole you have to pass the screw through but it just isn’t threaded?

Hello everyone!

Recently my friend bought his first setup. It is a Pioneer PL-30-K. What I don't understand about this system is, ok the arm it has some knobs with numbers on it. I think it's for the anti-skate or something like that according to the manual but I don't really know what it is for or on what way I should manage the settings.

Can someone give me a quick crash course on this kind of setup? I can't seem to get my head around this. 🥲

Hello everyone!

Recently my friend bought his first setup. It is a Pioneer PL-30-K. What I don't understand about this system is, ok the arm it has some knobs with numbers on it. I think it's for the anti-skate or something like that according to the manual but I don't really know what it is for or on what way I should manage the settings.

Can someone give me a quick crash course on this kind of setup? I can't seem to get my head around this. 🥲

Back