Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Im pretty sure Mather's basement/murder dungeon is bigger than my entire apartment. What is this lack of space you speak of?
I really do need to put this in my signature. My system isn't in the basement, basement is not setup to fit a strictly music based system due to 2 of 4 walls being made of 5 inch thick solid rock, also couch would be directly in front of right speaker, also left speaker would be directly in front of fireplace and cabinet doors. Thus basement is theatre room, music can be listened to, but no point in putting good system down there due to makeup of room and the fact that the rock walls would make it impossible to not reflect every single frequency in every single direction.

@Hemotep yeah I was hoping to do that but I think at this point the cost is just too great and the potential for damage too high to seriously consider putting all my gear and vinyl out there throughout Canadian summer and winter.

I really do need to put this in my signature. My system isn't in the basement, basement is not setup to fit a strictly music based system due to 2 of 4 walls being made of 5 inch thick solid rock, also couch would be directly in front of right speaker, also left speaker would be directly in front of fireplace and cabinet doors. Thus basement is theatre room, music can be listened to, but no point in putting good system down there due to makeup of room and the fact that the rock walls would make it impossible to not reflect every single frequency in every single direction.

@Hemotep yeah I was hoping to do that but I think at this point the cost is just too great and the potential for damage too high to seriously consider putting all my gear and vinyl out there throughout Canadian summer and winter.
How much room would you free up if you got rid of the bodies?

Anyone have any experience with the Alluxity Integrated One MKII Series Integrated Amplifier? Or anything Alluxity?
I found the specs to be suspect for a Class AB amp of its size. Likely to get quite warm if not outright hot. This one seems to be a niche gamble with only a two year warranty. Good luck if anything requires repair.

I’m a Bryston bigot, but Classe Audio is based in Montreal. Take a look at their preamp and consider a small footprint power amp under the right speaker stand. I like the Benchmark AHB2. Solves for the space problem with plenty of power. Go crazy, buy two as monoblocks.

Last edited:
Anyone have any input, experience, feedback on an EAT Prelude TT?
1728743702376.png

Let me set the scenario. I wanted to bring mono into the mix in my rig, initially thinking of just going with a Hana or Sonata swap with my current carts (yet to be determined which one), but I may have an opportunity to pick up this TT really, REALLY, "cheap". In which case I started leaning towards adding a second deck (the EAT) and just set it up strictly for mono and just leave it be.

I know EAT is an off-shoot of Pro-Ject I believe, mixed "opinions" out there, the reviews seem positive, but I take the professional reviews with a grain of salt. Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated, I think I have a few days to pounce if I decide to go this route.

Back