Everything Video Games!

Ya'll, I've made a huge mistake. Been playing Persona 3 Reload for a good long while now on PC through Game Pass. I'm currently on Jan 21, doing my final dive into Tartarus except for the final boss. Since I was grinding, I played a bit last week through Xbox and streaming on my phone. It autoloaded the DLC costumes at some point, and now I can't load my save file on the PC version due to not having the DLC there. They gave it away free on Xbox, but not PC for some reason. Not paying for costumes I'm not even using, guess I'm playing the very end on console 🤷‍♂️

Good news on playing Persona again on my PC! Turns out, the issue was Microsoft being Microsoft. So the streaming version was the one that installed the DLCs with no prompt. Turns out I did own these already - the Expansion Pass was given away as a perk of Game Pass. That being said, when you go to the Expansion Pass page on the Game Pass app, it shows that it's already installed and no action is needed. HOWEVER, this is a lie and you have to click on each of the items in the Pass, and install them. Pretty annoying, but I can now finish the game where I've played the majority of it.

Got to the Messmer and the Abyssmal Serpent boss fight in Shadow of the Erdtree recently; it's been one I've run at a couple of times, set aside to level up a bit, then came back to a few times. Last night I got a couple summons (I moved recently and finally have reliable internet!) to join, we got to phase 2 of the fight, and Messmer jumped behind the altar and just kept jumping around not attacking us. I'm a slob and don't have a preferred bow equipped, but one of my cooperators started spamming arrows. Messmer's health bar hit the bottom, then the cooperator turned to me, bowed, and returned to their realm.

I can't tell if they whittled the boss down to its last speck of health and then left me holding the bag, or if this was a total glitch and there was no way to complete the fight. I tried equipping a bow and firing on them to no avail, so perhaps it was the latter. Annoying, though; it was late and that was my last attempt for the night.

I'm kinda excited to get back to my NG++ sorcerer; they're probably a bit too OP for me to experience the DLC for the first time, but I found sorcery a lot more fun to play than my current STR build. Which is odd for me; I typically prefer sword-and-board to magic in other soulsbourne games.

Okay so Star Wars Outlaws on PS5 might be a wee bit janky but dear lord I am loving this game. The care that went into creating the world is unmatched, I just keep stopping and staring at the scenery...View attachment 212606
View attachment 212607View attachment 212608
How is the gameplay? and the story? I've heard some critics complain that it's repetitive. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game through to the end that's not necessarily a bad thing, but curious.

How is the gameplay? and the story? I've heard some critics complain that it's repetitive. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game through to the end that's not necessarily a bad thing, but curious.
I don't think I'm far enough into it to comment on the story, the gameplay is janky, the graphics are rough on PS5, great in places and also barely able to run in places. But the world is amazing if you love old school Star Wars, which I do.

I don't think I'm far enough into it to comment on the story, the gameplay is janky, the graphics are rough on PS5, great in places and also barely able to run in places. But the world is amazing if you love old school Star Wars, which I do.
I heard you get a grappling hook. That sounds important. How's the grappling hook? Are you able to grapple 'n' hook like a mofo? Love a good, fluid movement scheme.

I heard you get a grappling hook. That sounds important. How's the grappling hook? Are you able to grapple 'n' hook like a mofo? Love a good, fluid movement scheme.
If it's the grappling hook you start with uh, no. It's very much only where they let you, this ain't like AC or Just Cause, you are limited in where you can go.

Recently bought Baldur's Gate 3. Live look at me trying to figure out how to play it:

Yeah, BG3 took me a while to get used to. I died a bunch of times against weak enemies on the Sword Coast because I didn't understand the radials, actions and movement (which is basically the whole thing, I guess). But it clicked about the time I ran into Lae'zel and I could start thinking about strategic moves. Just stick with it.

Yeah, BG3 took me a while to get used to. I died a bunch of times against weak enemies on the Sword Coast because I didn't understand the radials, actions and movement (which is basically the whole thing, I guess). But it clicked about the time I ran into Lae'zel and I could start thinking about strategic moves. Just stick with it.
Yeah I've been kinda sick the last week or so so haven't really touched it but decided to just go back to the area where I started and try to do as much as possible there and hopefully build up a few levels so that way I can work through the early game with a bit of a "buffer" to help me learn more shit without just nearly dying all the time.

Just Cause?!! Lol haven't thought about those games in a bit. Yup, def peak grapple 'n' tackle!
I feel like that was the game that made everyone fall in love with the grappling hook because it was addictive as all hell stringing explosive canisters to baddies and then launching them into space. Or to vehicle's, or jets, or anything. Halo Infinite has a decent grappling hook too. This game is more linear than that, pretty big open world's but it's a bit more like a soft RPG in how it lets you navigate it.

I feel like that was the game that made everyone fall in love with the grappling hook because it was addictive as all hell stringing explosive canisters to baddies and then launching them into space. Or to vehicle's, or jets, or anything. Halo Infinite has a decent grappling hook too. This game is more linear than that, pretty big open world's but it's a bit more like a soft RPG in how it lets you navigate it.
I only played the first two Just Causes. I believe there was a third? Anyway, that was the peak of the game - just open world dicking around and destruction. The actual missions, story, and overall difficulty of completion I remember being lackluster.

I only played the first two Just Causes. I believe there was a third? Anyway, that was the peak of the game - just open world dicking around and destruction. The actual missions, story, and overall difficulty of completion I remember being lackluster.
Very much so, it was just a ridiculous sandbox, this is kinda the opposite, a very thoughtfully constructed Star Wars world but kinda old school in it's gameplay, but I'm fine with that. I just hope they can optimize it a bit better for the PS5 because it's definitely rough in spots in terms of fidelity.

Got a little juice out of my neglected Game Pass this weekend. Figured I should tackle a few titles before the launch of BHVR/Supermassive's The Casting of Frank Stone today.

Knocked out Still Wakes the Deep which was pretty dang cool. I didn't find the story too surprising (it's basically a very popular horror movie transplanted onto an oil rig), but the production/visual horror was effective. Just a handful of hours long, so an easy one-shot completion.

MV5BMmFkZjIyNzUtZjMxZC00NTY2LTk4ZDMtYjdlMjEzZjhhZDhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODMwNzQwNTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Also got a start on Senua's Sacrifice: Hellblade II. I loved the first game, so eager to see how this one pans out. Currently ~1/3 of the way in based on chapter count, so should be able to wrap sometime this week.

Senua's_Saga_Hellblade_II_cover_art.png

Next on the docket will probably be The Casting of Frank Stone. Love me some Supermassive games, and I'm excited to see how this builds on the Dead by Daylight universe. We had a lot of fun with The Quarry and House of Ashes. Gonna shoot to finish Frank Stone before the Until Dawn remake drops in October. My SO really liked that one (I only made it a bit of the way in on PS4 before setting it aside). Might make a point of cooping the rerelease along with the other Dark Pictures Anthology games we've been sitting on throughout spooky season.

Back