Hip Hop

@Clint Howard here's another one I might be able to finagle. Got Big Man's number and talk to him pretty frequently. This is my personal favorite of all their albums. One of the first groups signed to Cash Money. They also have 2 cassette only releases that came out before they were signed. None of their stuff ever got full vinyl releases, only samplers. And they are all impossible to get your hands on.

PxMxWx - High Life
IMG_5184 - Copy.jpg

I swear I seen you say you had no money earlier today lol
Dont you go buy every beast coast record when it goes up leave some for me xD

Dont go back all that far and read all my tyler comments u will hate it tremendously
Lol I really don't I'll be on 50cent noodles and bread for the next two weeks. Having a beer is a mudafucka I buy everything like I'm a Saudi prince

It shouldve been a 9/10 I feel but a strong 8 is pretty decent and beats out alot of shit.

So maybe you wont agree with my love for it.

I just really connected to the emotion and the messages in it. Not a single thing I disliked about the project.
And it made me super fkin keen for his next. 10x more then normal (beast coast not included)

Reactions: Tj.
It shouldve been a 9/10 I feel but a strong 8 is pretty decent and beats out alot of shit.

So maybe you wont agree with my love for it.

I just really connected to the emotion and the messages in it. Not a single thing I disliked about the project.
And it made me super fkin keen for his next. 10x more then normal (beast coast not included)

I usually don’t listen to the Melon. I remember people enjoying it quite a bit when it released.

It’s the same first they did issue for me though. I dug 1999 but haven’t dug a full project he’s done since. The last one having the least amount of songs I personally enjoyed. It’s all a preference thing I know, just also wasn’t aware it was being praised that highly by others.

We all have our own lanes/tastes though!

Last edited:
I usually don’t listen to the Melon. I remember people enjoying quite a bit when it released.

It’s the same thing as Tyler for me though. I dug 1999 but haven’t dug a full project he’s done since. The last one having the least amount of songs I personally enjoyed. It’s all a preference thing I know, just also wasn’t aware it was being praised that highly by others.

We all have our own lanes/tastes though!
1999 seems to be the consensus among people. But for me, it kinda sounds like he's just imitating a 90s act. And that's not to take away from the tape because it is very good. B4.DA.$$. takes the cake for me because it feels like he took that 90s style but did something a bit more modern with it.

1999 seems to be the consensus among people. But for me, it kinda sounds like he's just imitating a 90s act. And that's not to take away from the tape because it is very good. B4.DA.$$. takes the cake for me because it feels like he took that 90s style but did something a bit more modern with it.

100% get that, it’s my younger cousins favorite as well. I think I remember Summer Knights inbetween those, which started the let down for me. I’ll have to borrow his copy and give it a spin sometime here soon.

100% get that, it’s my younger cousins favorite as well. I think I remember Summer Knights inbetween those, which started the let down for me. I’ll have to borrow his copy and give it a spin sometime here soon.
I am okay with summer knights but I could definitely see why people would be disappointed with that one. However I still we have to give him a little bit of a pass on that one as I can only imagine what he was going through during that time with his friend having passed.

Was it someone here who got that AZ - Doe or Die from Tuff Kong? It looks like it's in stock on their site and I'm debating grabbing but figured I'd check on quality / sound?

I have no idea who any of these people are. Why do you guys watch their reaction videos to albums?

:rolleyes: To find things I may have missed, like samples, hidden features, and to see if what I'm hearing is way off or not.

Music is all personal taste, but when u have a complex album or a simple concept album, sometimes it's nice to hear different perspectives on what certain lines could mean. For example I missed a double entendre in Igor and found it in the video.

Was it someone here who got that AZ - Doe or Die from Tuff Kong? It looks like it's in stock on their site and I'm debating grabbing but figured I'd check on quality / sound?

I got the splatter autographed poster version and seems fine to me in regards to sound. I think they have one of the versions at getondown.com

13A918A1-8178-4B95-9060-B06D41437433.jpeg

MF DOOM x Damu The Fudgemunk - Coco Mango, Sliced & Diced
RDF145_1000x.jpg

1999 is in my top 10 albums of the decade. It's a masterpiece in my eyes. His rhymes on that album are next level and the beats flow perfectly. I can still throw it on at any time and vibe to it straight through. It is the only Joey album I go back to though, he's had some decent projects but nothing that has grabbed me like his debut.

I thought IGOR sounded really good on first listen, but it was mostly in the background at work so I will give it some dedicated listens this weekend.

Back