Hip Hop

Was it someone here who got that AZ - Doe or Die from Tuff Kong? It looks like it's in stock on their site and I'm debating grabbing but figured I'd check on quality / sound?

I don't have it but be forewarned that I believe this release falls under a 'grey market' release.

If you're planning on listening to all his albums anyway I honestly would just start at Bastard and work your way to the most recent chronologically, he's had a lot of twists and turns as an artist and listening to how he changed as he matured and branched out and tried different things is very interesting to me.

If you like the Odd Future era and are looking for a way to get into the newer stuff Wolf is probably a good listen as it has a lot of that early Tyler style but the slower moments and many production choices on the album are clearly the foundation for the RnB/Neo Soul type shit that he's been doing more recently

If we're talking what are his best albums, my ranking would be something like :
Flower Boy > Igor > Wolf > Bastard > Cherry Bomb = Goblin

(Note: I am more of a fan of his newer style. My feelings on Wolf & Bastard are mostly informed by how I feel about them when they came out, relistened to Goblin recently and didn't love the experience, and even at the time I thought it was just solid)

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Well thank you clint.

You just well and truly convinced me how shit tylers new album is lol his producing was never his high point and your telling me half of the record is just his beats. lol pass

The beats are arguably the best part of the album and it’s fantastic. He’s come a long way from producing garbage like “The Purge.” Flower Boy was evidence enough for me. He had some great stuff on Wolf too. Weird that as such a big Tyler fan you hate on half his work.

Some people think mumble rap is good. And trump got elected and still has fans to this very day.

So what do we learn.

No matter how shit something is. Someone will like it.

Mumble rap is not a thing

If tylers music came out in reverse nooone would know who he was and he would be another soundwave rapper.
Probably start calling himself zheani
Dye his skin white
and start being a clout chaser

What does any of this mean

What does any of this mean
giphy.gif

Last edited:
It says they collaborated with him so I again he's getting paid which is the one I'm most worried about

That's fair. I just don't expect the sound quality to be great since my guess is, they aren't from the masters. But to each their own and all that jazz. Where''s all the love for my man LUM?

One of my favorite 'new' rap songs of the last decade.

I still hold that, out of all the artists I know of that died, Camu Tao easily had the most potential to become a fucking supernova of creative output.
King Of Hearts is unlike anything I have ever heard, and even being unfinished it's one of my favorite albums.
Seriously, how can someone that can make a thirty second song that's this good just die on us:

I'm still pissed at the way El-P handled Def Jux at the end and we never got a pressing of King Of Hearts.. but hey, maybe some hip-hop vinyl club will do it?

What about his involvement made you not pre-order? And how’d you get effed on the Wiki preorder?

I dislike almost everything Mach Hommy has ever done. Like.. people who are paying $150 for a copy of his albums just blow me away. He's so bad, it's almost like parody-levels of bad imho.

As far as the Wiki goes, I pre-ordered the special edition and got it like a month after local stores had the black vinyl version. So I paid like double for color vinyl and a puerta rican flag / patch thing.. it's not so much wiki or the label's fault.. shipping to Canada is just dumb expensive.

There were rumors that Aesop and El-P had a beef over El-P stitching together King of Hearts to be released and basing some of the themes of his Cancer 4 Cure album around Camu's passing because Aes felt that El was profiting off of Camu's death way too soon, but I don't know if that's actually true. I haven't seen Aesop and El-P in the same room in a while, so who knows.
Man, that reminds me of this great track at least.

There were rumors that Aesop and El-P had a beef over El-P stitching together King of Hearts to be released and basing some of the themes of his Cancer 4 Cure album around Camu's passing because Aes felt that El was profiting off of Camu's death way too soon, but I don't know if that's actually true. I haven't seen Aesop and El-P in the same room in a while, so who knows.

Interesting.. hadn't heard any of that. I do know / have heard that El-P and Def Jux were kinda shady on the royalties paid out to people which is also why most of Def Jux don't really fuck with each other anymore. It is kinda weird hearing that it was from Aes though as I always got the impression that El and Camu were much closer than Aes and Camu but who knows. I hadn't even made the connection to Cancer 4 Cure.. huh.. ah well.. I still think maybe Aes is salty about El's handling of Def Jux, period, but who knows.

I dislike almost everything Mach Hommy has ever done. Like.. people who are paying $150 for a copy of his albums just blow me away. He's so bad, it's almost like parody-levels of bad imho.

As far as the Wiki goes, I pre-ordered the special edition and got it like a month after local stores had the black vinyl version. So I paid like double for color vinyl and a puerta rican flag / patch thing.. it's not so much wiki or the label's fault.. shipping to Canada is just dumb expensive.
Yeah Machs pricing has always been crazy. Was happy Droog didnt make the regular edition crazy expensive or the special triple digits (still a bit pricey imo). Big Wiki fan so I have the green as well but I’ve heard the shipping up north is pricey so I get it.

Back