Hip Hop

Was it someone here who got that AZ - Doe or Die from Tuff Kong? It looks like it's in stock on their site and I'm debating grabbing but figured I'd check on quality / sound?
I don’t own it but I’ve bought from Tuff Kong before and their stuff was good quality. I think it’s an official release. It’s also in stock at Get on Down in silver if you wanna save shipping...

One of the most influential independent rap records of all time. Keith and Don had linked up previously via their work in Ultramagnetic but were both in transitional parts of their career. Keith would go on to record Dr. Octagon shortly thereafter and Don recorded the amazing Diabolique.

Anyway, these were originally recorded as promos for Stretch & Bobbito's show which was THE NYC station for underground rap. If you made it on there, you were good. They would eventually be released as the Cenubites EP on Bobbito's freshly minted 'Fondle 'Em Records'... an independent label that was the launching pad for MF Doom, Cage, Camu Tao and many more. They also helped ignite the indie hip-hop movement in New York that really culminated with the Rawkus / Def Jux era.

So if you want to hear where it all more or less started, check out the Cenubites/Cenobites (as it was renamed when it was released as an LP) LP on Fondle 'Em Records...

i love this.

One of the rarest / most sought after / spendiest random rap singles ever.. and recently reissued on 7"

Ron B would go onto be a music supervisor for David Simon's Treme.

If one of you peeps buy this

let me know what u think of it on vinyl :)

If one of you peeps buy this

let me know what u think of it on vinyl :)

I really want it. I just have too many on my list of pre orders rn. I hope it lasts a couple weeks

Back