Hip Hop

I'm not there only one still waiting for the Alchemist pressing of Fetti, right? I was kinda expecting it by this weekend, especially with some of you all getting it, but still nada

No Fetti here either. Well yes technically there is Fetti here, but it's the RSD one. No Alchemist Fetti. Okay well it still is Alchemist but... you know what I'm getting at

I usually get things from Fat Beats with lightning speed. Oh well. Not gonna freak out yet. I did that with Chris Crack when forum members mentioned getting theirs already and then it showed up safely the following week.

Here's some Canadian rap that nobody ever talks about -

Yes, that is Cory from Trailer Park Boys. And yes, the other two guys went onto be members of Len of Steal My Sunshine fame.

And speaking of Trailer Park Boys...

Yes.. that's J-Roc as well as cameos from Buck 65 / Stinkin' Rich and I believe Sixtoo as well.

This is from their 94 album, Trailer Park Hip Hop

It amazes me this album can have slipknots lead singer on it.. lil wayne,e40,bob,hopsin,eminem,2 chains & T.I

what a list of features.

still has some units up for sale (vinyl).

Surprised it didnt sell out immediately.

@Jmcg85 If you got any interest better hurry.

Think the other DJ screw releases is like 600$/300$ lol
They increased the vinyl units from 100 to 300, and the cassettes from 50 to 150 some time after I purchased.

still has some units up for sale (vinyl).

Surprised it didnt sell out immediately.

@Jmcg85 If you got any interest better hurry.

Think the other DJ screw releases is like 600$/300$ lol

I would have grabbed it immediately but the sound quality on the stream is terrible so I'm afraid the vinyl will sound like shit.

They increased the vinyl units from 100 to 300, and the cassettes from 50 to 150 some time after I purchased.

I noticed this too. Seems a bit shady to me but its not a huge increase so probably not a big deal.

Those tracks on BC are not the final audio tracks being used on the vinyl.
Besides this have you heard much DJ screw? its not exactly the cleanest stuff lol but thats part of the charm

Yeah I've listened to a decent amount, and I agree it always soinds a little dirty but there was just a ton of noise on those tracks that I havent heard on other versions. The more I think about it though, I think I would rather have the tape for nostalgia purposes.

Yeah I've listened to a decent amount, and I agree it always soinds a little dirty but there was just a ton of noise on those tracks that I havent heard on other versions. The more I think about it though, I think I would rather have the tape for nostalgia purposes.

Yeh Id rather not miss out aswell lol

No Fetti here either. Well yes technically there is Fetti here, but it's the RSD one. No Alchemist Fetti. Okay well it still is Alchemist but... you know what I'm getting at
I'm not there only one still waiting for the Alchemist pressing of Fetti, right? I was kinda expecting it by this weekend, especially with some of you all getting it, but still nada
Still waiting for the instrumental version. Apparently a shipping label was created on the 9th but it hasn’t moved. Usually get Fat Beats product in a day. Very weird....

Re-examining a bunch of records from earlier in the decade as I work towards a top 200 for the decade and it's reminding me how much underground hip-hop I used to absorb.

Highly recommend checking out:
Ilogic and Blockhead: Capture the Sun (2013)
Home Brew: Home Brew (2012) [New Zealand] (for some reason not available on Spotify but this album is incredible)
Busdriver: Perfect Hair (2014)
Sims: Bad Time Zoo (2011)
P.O.S.: Chill, Dummy (2017)
Loyal Carner: Yesterday's Gone (2017)
Homeboy Sandman: First of a Living Breed (2012)
Cunninglynguists: Strange Journey Volume 3 (2014)

Last edited:
Back