Hip Hop

Pretty sure both Gunn and Benny done time with the Feds.. and their homey Sly Green seems to be the equivalent to the Williams brothers of NO
I'd equate Sly Green closer to Telly Hankton if we are talking New Orleans criminal bosses. Baby & Slim were about that legit money, Slim is a smart motherfucker. Not saying they didn't deal drugs, and have ties to the industry...but they got their first 100k from Telly's dad...that history is insane. B.G. was a shooter for Telly and essentially ratted himself out multiple times in videos and raps as being such. Sly seemed like a real criminal, fuck the legit money, this shit is just fun type of dude. I gotta respect for that type of character lol.

I'd equate Sly Green closer to Telly Hankton if we are talking New Orleans criminal bosses. Baby & Slim were about that legit money, Slim is a smart motherfucker. Not saying they didn't deal drugs, and have ties to the industry...but they got their first 100k from Telly's dad...that history is insane. B.G. was a shooter for Telly and essentially ratted himself out multiple times in videos and raps as being such. Sly seemed like a real criminal, fuck the legit money, this shit is just fun type of dude. I gotta respect for that type of character lol.

Maybe my history is off but wasn't Slim & Baby's older brother a well known drug dealer / robber of drug dealers? I remember hearing that a long time ago which goes hand in hand with Sly. I mean Slim bought a house in Florida and paid $30 million cash.. I'm not saying that's what drug dealers do, but that's what drug dealers do.

I will also say that I believe Conway makes reference to an infamous Canadian weed person (who only people in the trade would know) although I can't say for sure if that's the case or not.

Maybe my history is off but wasn't Slim & Baby's older brother a well known drug dealer / robber of drug dealers? I remember hearing that a long time ago which goes hand in hand with Sly. I mean Slim bought a house in Florida and paid $30 million cash.. I'm not saying that's what drug dealers do, but that's what drug dealers do.

I will also say that I believe Conway makes reference to an infamous Canadian weed person (who only people in the trade would know) although I can't say for sure if that's the case or not.
Oh yeah for sure, their brother was Terrance 'Gangsta' Williams who was part of the Hot Boys Crew in early 90's, but they were honestly more stick-up guys then anything, similar to Soulja Slim, drug users, and would just stick people up for money to keep it goin. But the Hankton Operation was the one running the show in the N.O. from early 1990's-Telly's arrest in 2010.

I could talk about this shit all day. As for that house, check out one of my favorite youtube shows 'Life For Sale', it's about a Florida real estate guy and they go to that house....It's disgusting what they let happen to that place, you could tell they strictly used it for parties and music videos, and could not afford the upkeep. I have a feeling that was just a bad real estate investment, they got $30Mill to blow, especially when you see how all their shit is structured. They been into real estate forever as well, they got like 15 properties throughout NOLA, and they don't keep up any of them lol.

Oh yeah for sure, their brother was Terrance 'Gangsta' Williams who was part of the Hot Boys Crew in early 90's, but they were honestly more stick-up guys then anything, similar to Soulja Slim, drug users, and would just stick people up for money to keep it goin. But the Hankton Operation was the one running the show in the N.O. from early 1990's-Telly's arrest in 2010.

I could talk about this shit all day. As for that house, check out one of my favorite youtube shows 'Life For Sale', it's about a Florida real estate guy and they go to that house....It's disgusting what they let happen to that place, you could tell they strictly used it for parties and music videos, and could not afford the upkeep. I have a feeling that was just a bad real estate investment, they got $30Mill to blow, especially when you see how all their shit is structured. They been into real estate forever as well, they got like 15 properties throughout NOLA, and they don't keep up any of them lol.

I mean we can talk this all day. The Supreme Team being on the back cover of Eric B & Rakim's Paid In Full including the original stickup kid, 50 Cent. From what I hear, Eric B drove a rolls royce before they even had a record deal. One of those Supreme Team dude's sister is Waka Flocka Flame's mom.. one of the most gangster women in hip-hop.

Speaking of gangster women in hip-hop, check out Sylvia Robinson. I'm not saying she was a gangster or a drug kingpin but I'm not not saying that either. Without her, there's no Rapper's Delight.

J Prince.. don't think I need to write anything about this dude other than apparently he had the ear of a Vice President at one point in the 80s.

All those dudes from Detroit that got money directly or indirectly from Big Meech.. pretty sure Proof's brother was one of them.

And of course all the money BMF poured into the industry.. I mean Future was discovered by one of the bigger drug dealers in Atlanta.

Eazy E ... one of the few real gangsters in gangster rap.

Steve Rifkind's dad apparently was a serious jewish gangster and got called in several times to squash beef with haitian jack and suge knight.,, also apparently one of the inspirations for the character Hesch (sp?) from The Sopranos.

Lyor Cohen's dad is apparently the guy they modelled Nic Cage's character after in the film Lord Of War.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a tonne but those are the first ones that come to mind

I mean we can talk this all day. The Supreme Team being on the back cover of Eric B & Rakim's Paid In Full including the original stickup kid, 50 Cent. From what I hear, Eric B drove a rolls royce before they even had a record deal. One of those Supreme Team dude's sister is Waka Flocka Flame's mom.. one of the most gangster women in hip-hop.

Speaking of gangster women in hip-hop, check out Sylvia Robinson. I'm not saying she was a gangster or a drug kingpin but I'm not not saying that either. Without her, there's no Rapper's Delight.

J Prince.. don't think I need to write anything about this dude other than apparently he had the ear of a Vice President at one point in the 80s.

All those dudes from Detroit that got money directly or indirectly from Big Meech.. pretty sure Proof's brother was one of them.

And of course all the money BMF poured into the industry.. I mean Future was discovered by one of the bigger drug dealers in Atlanta.

Eazy E ... one of the few real gangsters in gangster rap.

Steve Rifkind's dad apparently was a serious jewish gangster and got called in several times to squash beef with haitian jack and suge knight.,, also apparently one of the inspirations for the character Hesch (sp?) from The Sopranos.

Lyor Cohen's dad is apparently the guy they modelled Nic Cage's character after in the film Lord Of War.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a tonne but those are the first ones that come to mind
For sure, if I was a big drug dealer I would absolutely invest it in musicians. Feed them the drugs you are selling, and have em rap about either doin or selling them and you got a steady and consistent client base, as well as a piece of the pie of the legit cash. That's 100.

I also never knew that Westside really knew Sly Green, that's pretty crazy considering that dude was locked up since the early 90's. Just saw that picture of them online together. Gives me a lil more respect for them even, at least they are learning the history of the game. I doubt 90% of local rappers around here would even know who the fuck Telly Hankton or Terrance 'Gangsta' Williams are, let alone go visit them behind bars.

For sure, if I was a big drug dealer I would absolutely invest it in musicians. Feed them the drugs you are selling, and have em rap about either doin or selling them and you got a steady and consistent client base, as well as a piece of the pie of the legit cash. That's 100.

I also never knew that Westside really knew Sly Green, that's pretty crazy considering that dude was locked up since the early 90's. Just saw that picture of them online together. Gives me a lil more respect for them even, at least they are learning the history of the game. I doubt 90% of local rappers around here would even know who the fuck Telly Hankton or Terrance 'Gangsta' Williams are, let alone go visit them behind bars.

Keep in mind htat Gunn is in his mid 30s .. dude is no spring chicken. Also, I don't know if this is public knowledge or not cause I don't follow them on social media but word is that Griselda is working on a film about Sly Green and an accompanying soundtrack to go with it.

More new Ras G! Fat Beats exclusive of Down 2 Earth Vol. 4 on Red vinyl (also a bundle available with the Ras G Polo Bear shirt)...

If any of y'all are into U.G.K, Bigtyme Records is collaborating with Smoke On Records to bring their tape "The Southern Way" on vinyl.
Shipping June 10th. Pretty cheap, too.

US: https://bigtymerecordz.bigcartel.com/product/u-g-k-underground-kingz-the-southern-way-vinyl
UK: https://www.smokeonrecords.com/product/u-g-k-underground-kingz-the-southern-way-vinyl

View attachment 1672
that $9.99 within U.S. shipping ain't cheap tho.tho this is limited & i'm a huge U.G.K. fan as i have ties to H-Town $30 for a E.P. i'm going to have to think about that maybe i'm just cheap.

Last edited:
If any of y'all are into U.G.K, Bigtyme Records is collaborating with Smoke On Records to bring their tape "The Southern Way" on vinyl.
Shipping June 10th. Pretty cheap, too.

US: https://bigtymerecordz.bigcartel.com/product/u-g-k-underground-kingz-the-southern-way-vinyl
UK: https://www.smokeonrecords.com/product/u-g-k-underground-kingz-the-southern-way-vinyl

View attachment 1672

Man, I want to order this but they're telling me it's $50 to ship two copies to Canada??? So apparently it's 24.99 per copy in charges for shipping. This is ridiculous.

So Denzel is apparently dropping another single tonight...now im thinkin for sure that's VMPs album going up tomorrow.

Back