If I Don't See You In Paradise - CRIMEAPPLE
Written Testimony - Jay E x Jay Z

6-10:
Jaguar On Palisade - CRIMEAPPLE
Pray For Paris - WSG
No One Mourns The Wicked - Conway
Alfredo - Freddie
Lost Kingz - Fahim

ohh you liked Written Testimony aswell? I loved that shit lol but I see people hating on it everywhere.

I think as an overall album, FKTG is slightly better than NOMTW.

I actually feel like the fact that NOMTW is less than 30 minutes does it a disservice, imo. It’s super polished and the beats are phenomenal (Big Ghost is insanely talented), but it just seemed like a really great collection of grimey awesomeness.

FKTG is a bit more fleshed out. It seems like the songs go together, and Conway actually went a bit out of his comfort zone. I would’ve messed with the order of the track list, but overall, it actually feels like an album.

I would say FKTG sounds like the least “Griselda” Griselda release this year, which is why it needs to grow on people. But if we look past the “Griselda” sound we’ve grown to expect, it’s a crazy solid release.

Fair points. But I think that's why I actually like NOMTW. I just want all grimey Conway. Besides NOMTW I think my fav Conway release is G.O.A.T.

I don't know why I'm surprised when I see people rank RTJ3 towards the top, I think it's a great album but I think I'd rank it last out of their 4.

That's how I am with 2. That one has the least replayablity for me personally but everyone always seems to rank it high. *shrug* Still don't think they've topped that initial album that came right after the two solo projects though. Honestly that's what I want more then anything out of them at this point, is solo stuff, not more duo.

ohh you liked Written Testimony aswell? I loved that shit lol but I see people hating on it everywhere.

Yes, I am a self-proclaimed Jay Elect stan and loved the album. It has gotten better to me with time. Now if they will just hurry up with the damn vinyl delay.

"I taught an old dog a new trick,
now he acting like he ain't learned it from the Dump Gawd.
The dump father too rich.
Don't bother with no bloggers, who this?"

I know I'm in the minority and this could change with time but right now I have it 4>2>1>3. Not a bad album in the bunch though. And I'm with you @Enaz Fox, I really want a Killer Mike solo album with a few different producers and would like to see what El will do on his own now. I don't think I need RTJ5 for a few years.

My personal favorite top 10 so far from 2020, in order

ALC x Gibbs - Alfredo
ALC x Boldy - Price Of Tea In China
Navy Blue - Ada Irin
WSG - Pray For Paris
RTJ - RTJ4
Blu & Exile - Miles
Flee Lord x 38 Spesh - Loyalty & Trust 2
Conway - From A King To A God
Joey Bada$$ - The Light Pack
Curren$y x Harry Fraud - The OutRunners

Here are my favorite rap albums of the year since that's a thing we seem to be doing.

Armand Hammer - Shrines
Che Noir - As God Intended
Chris Crack - Good Cops Don't Exist
Chris Crack - White People Love Algorithms
Conway - NOMTW>FKTG>Lulu
Damu the Fudgemunk - Ocean Bridges
Freddie Gibbs - Alfredo
Boldy James - The Price of Tea in China
Ka - Descendants of Cain
Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominiques Nosebleed
Kota the Friend - Everything
Medhane- Cold Water
Preservation- Eastern Medicine, Western Illness
R.A.P. Ferreira- Purple Moonlight Papers
RTJ- RTJ4
Sada Baby -Skuba Sada 2
Serengeti- Ajai
$ilkmoney - Attack of the Future Shocked, Flesh Covered, Meatbags of the 85
Westside Gunn- Pray For Paris

RAP, Boldy, Ka, Armand Hammer, are my easy top 4 with RTJ/Paris/Wicked all fighting for #5

Just realizing looking through this thread, for all the albums I've loved that have come out this year, I haven't listened to much new hip-hop and there isn't a hip-hop album on my potential year-end list as of yet 😕 maybe I just haven't been paying attention?

Here are my favorite rap albums of the year since that's a thing we seem to be doing.

Armand Hammer - Shrines
Che Noir - As God Intended
Chris Crack - Good Cops Don't Exist
Chris Crack - White People Love Algorithms
Conway - NOMTW>FKTG>Lulu
Damu the Fudgemunk - Ocean Bridges
Freddie Gibbs - Alfredo
Boldy James - The Price of Tea in China
Ka - Descendants of Cain
Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominiques Nosebleed
Kota the Friend - Everything
Medhane- Cold Water
Preservation- Eastern Medicine, Western Illness
R.A.P. Ferreira- Purple Moonlight Papers
RTJ- RTJ4
Sada Baby -Skuba Sada 2
Serengeti- Ajai
$ilkmoney - Attack of the Future Shocked, Flesh Covered, Meatbags of the 85
Westside Gunn- Pray For Paris

RAP, Boldy, Ka, Armand Hammer, are my easy top 4 with RTJ/Paris/Wicked all fighting for #5
This is a really solid list, I would just add Kahlil Blu - DOG, lojii - lo & behold, and Jay Royale - The Baltimore Housing Project

Back