Hip Hop

I still gotta sit with a bunch of albums from this year, but so far, nothing this year touches my top 3 from last year.

Right now, I'd say these are my top 3 this year:
The Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominique's Nosebleed
Freddie Gibbs - Alfredo
Jay Worthy - Eat When You're Hungry, Sleep When You're Tired

I wou
I think for the reasons they gave it a 6.9 (commercial appeal, etc) I'd give it a 7.9. I tend to lean toward a more commercial/clean sound and I played it through twice first go around which I rarely do with anything.

This line has me excited "Conway admits that this LP is meant to be somewhat of an appetizer for his forthcoming Shady records debut, God Don’t Make Mistakes, the record that would mark a sea change for both himself and Griselda as a whole."
8.0 or 8.1 or so seem to be the max they will give any underground hip hop, so it's relative. Nevermind the fact that most of the freelancers that they get to write these reviews don't usually agree with the scores the editors put with them.

For me the standouts this year:

R.A.P. Ferreira - Purple Moonlight Pages
Armand Hammer - SHRINES
Quelle Chris x Chris Keys - Innocent Country 2
Serengeti - AJAI
Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominique's Nosebleed

There are definitely others that I enjoy and /or haven't spent much time with that I need to, but I don't think any currently released ones will top those for me.

Bought immediately without even sampling a track

Napoleon is pretty good and has a fair amount of hits vs misses. Combining hip-hop and DBZ, two of my favorite things.

we r trying to saaaaaave money TMR!! Ur not helping LOLL

EDIT: damn the preview track is dope. That DB orange variant is so clean too. shit

Last edited:
I'm waiting on that set with Vol 1 & 2, myself

wait so u ordered the Conway Remixes 1 and 2 and havent gotten either?!! Or did u ask him to hold both to save on shipping. He should've sent urs out already and u definitely shouldve had it b4 me. Ur a good 10 hours or so closer to Toronto haha

not going to make a list at this point because there are still releases coming out that could make it and there are albums like Alfredo that would probably be on it but wouldn't know where to put it because I only listened to it once or twice (I know that's criminal, but I tend to forget about it for some reason)...

but I did want to say that one of my favorites this year is Stove God Cooks "Reasonable Drought", so just wanted to put it out there in the conversation of best hip-hop albums this year.

wait so u ordered the Conway Remixes 1 and 2 and havent gotten either?!! Or did u ask him to hold both to save on shipping. He should've sent urs out already and u definitely shouldve had it b4 me. Ur a good 10 hours or so closer to Toronto haha

I ordered that yellow and green bundle and paid for some tracking or some bullshit, but yeah, I don't have it. I didn't order a test press

Back