Hip Hop

does anyone think there will be enough time to try for OBI first before venturing into the other colors before everything sells out... or just go straight for the one color you want if not OBI?

I’m going to be going for the marble one (without the OBI), which is limited to 150 copies! That colour variant is easily the best looking one out of the bunch! If I can’t get that one, I’ll be going for the Neon Pink variant!

Which one are you going to go for @Jonathan Y @Jmcg85? @Woob_woob - are you going to grab Conway The Machine’s new album on wax?

you picking this one up too @Believer101?

You sound like a cop

In my opinion, the artists who have been out here doing it independent are worthy of more respect.

Shoutout to all those that do it independent!! I just appreciate when the biggest stars in game start to fight back for all the smaller guys. Always have. It's like the players unions in various sports. Its needed

Shoutout to all those that do it independent!! I just appreciate when the biggest stars in game start to fight back for all the smaller guys. Always have
I dunno, I don't see how this gesture helps the smaller guys I guess. The idea that any small artist could negotiate a better contract just because Kanye is saying don't do what I did (when he became a billionaire) is hard for me to believe. If he's saying everyone should just be independent, that sure is easy for a rich person to say. But it isn't always that easy. Being an independent musician can be a serious struggle even for relatively well known ones. That's one of the reasons labels exist.

I dunno, I don't see how this gesture helps the smaller guys I guess. The idea that any small artist could negotiate a better contract just because Kanye is saying don't do what I did (when he became a billionaire) is hard for me to believe. If he's saying everyone should just be independent, that's sure is easy for a rich person to say. But it isn't always that easy. Being an independent musician can be a serious struggle even for relatively well known ones. That's one of the reasons labels exist.

Yeezy brand is worth 1.8 billion. He didn't make it to a billion off the music. However sony and UMG did make at least a billion off him over the last decade plus.

He wants artists who have fulfilled their contracts and made the money for the label to be able to have their masters in the end. Like a retirement plan. Same way athletes have various avenues after the league, he wants that for rappers and that starts by labels selling the music back to the artist when they r ready to retire. He talked about alot of this on Cannons class a couple weeks back

Yeezy brand is worth 1.8 billion. He didn't make it to a billion off the music. However sony and UMG did make at least a billion off him over the last decade plus.

He wants artists who have fulfilled their contracts and made the money for the label to be able to have their masters in the end. Like a retirement plan. Same way athletes have various avenues after the league, he wants that for rappers and that starts by labels selling the music back to the artist when they r ready to retire. He talked about alot of this on Cannons class a couple weeks back
I'm not arguing that the labels are right, but I don't see how what he says helps. Just because he wants that doesn't mean any of the labels are going to sign a contract that allows it. Seems very unlikely to me. Are you saying he thinks that the labels violated their end of the contract?

I'm not arguing that the labels are right, but I don't see how what he says helps. Just because he wants that doesn't mean any of the labels are going to sign a contract that allows it? Are you saying he thinks that the labels violated their end of the contract?

Yes he is getting his lawyers to go after Sony and UMG saying they breached contract and they have a few ideas how to prove that (i dont know the strategy yet) and in the settlement or ruling he wants his masters to be included. Now this helps the smaller guys in the future like I mentioned before because Ye becomes case law. He will be a reference for anyone going after the "major label" if all goes well

EDIT: Now don't get me wrong this isn't new. However its never been done this out in the open for the public. Kanye is going full Kanye so everyone can see! Full transparency. Now could we do without the "god chose me to fight this fight" lines. Knowing this isnt the first fight of this nature. Sure! Kanye gon Kanye tho!

Yes he is getting his lawyers to go after Sony and UMG saying they breached contract and they have a few ideas how to prove that (i dont know the strategy yet) and in the settlement or ruling he wants his masters to be included
Ok, I'm interested to learn what substance there is there.

As far as raising awareness, if anybody out there is still in the dark about (especially big) labels doing whatever they can to screw artists over then man are they asleep! Of course corporations put money over artists.

Ok, I'm interested to learn what substance there is there.

As far as raising awareness, if anybody out there is still in the dark about (especially big) labels doing whatever they can to screw artists over then man are they asleep! Of course corporations put money over artists.

Yea dont get me wrong there is a Kanye being Kanye still with this whole thing (see edit above) but when Kanye does it everyone looks even if its in disgust so it helps imo!

Yes he is getting his lawyers to go after Sony and UMG saying they breached contract and they have a few ideas how to prove that (i dont know the strategy yet) and in the settlement or ruling he wants his masters to be included. Now this helps the smaller guys in the future like I mentioned before because Ye becomes case law. He will be a reference for anyone going after the "major label" if all goes well

EDIT: Now don't get me wrong this isn't new. However its never been done this out in the open for the public. Kanye is going full Kanye so everyone can see! Full transparency. Now could we do without the "god chose me to fight this fight" lines. Knowing this isnt the first fight of this nature. Sure! Kanye gon Kanye tho!
Yeah calling himself Moses is definitely full ye.

Back