Hip Hop

I am happy cardi b is finally outted as a talentless "face"

Just disliked her from the moment I looked into how she treated her beautician. Just an idiot.

fkin sampling always stops some of the best shit being released :(

Without sampling, Hip Hop wouldn't be the absolute best genre for discovering so many great artists of the past. With a little bit of digging Hip Hop can be a doorway into an almost endless number of genres. It's meta-music for a generation of people with a world of information at our fingertips. The more you listen to HH the richer the experience becomes. Sampling is a major part of that experience. You can see the creativity of so many producers in how they flip a common sample in their own unique way.

Overly complicated intellectual property laws, greedy lawyers, a lack of appreciation for the art of sampling, and unrealistic rights holders stop some of the best shit from being released.

I don't think anybody is surprised that she has ghostwriters. I'd be surprised if her fans could care less either. Messed up if she didn't credit that dude though. Hopefully he gets his money.
I'm more interested in if these producers are actually reading their contracts. For all we know they may not be entitled to any sort of recognition outside of a paycheck.

So you view streaming as theft but not sampling?

For a song with a sample to be released the owner of the sampled material gets paid either a share or a flat fee.

Unreleased/Bootlegs and Mixtapes get around this but U rarely see them technically be "released" on hard copy as theyd get sued.

So I dont look it as stealing because everyones getting paid on any proper release.

For a song with a sample to be released the owner of the sampled material gets paid either a share or a flat fee.

Unreleased/Bootlegs and Mixtapes get around this but U rarely see them technically be "released" on hard copy as theyd get sued.

So I dont look it as stealing because everyones getting paid on any proper release.
I understand how sampling works, and I understand how streaming works. What I cant seem to understand is how you work.

Understand is how you work.

Whats to figure out? Getting paid 2 cents per song is messed up.

Its all there is to it.

Buy albums you like/Support artist you like properly (merch/hard copies/concerts)
If you hate an artist just steal from em,stream and disregard them completely cause fk em.

200.gif

Back