Hip Hop

Haha yeah.

I say 2 cents cause people will probably play a song more then once.

I dont even know how we even got to this point tbh just insane. Alot of the artist I listen to have went into detail about how much it steals from them/takes from them I just dont understand why so many people after seeing that still think its great to go take bread from some musicians kids.

I feel it was the big corps way of trying to find middle ground for piracy or something.

If a child draws bugs bunny or some cartoon should the child be forced to pay some kind of fee or perhaps charged with some kinda crime?

If art is used/reused in a non commercial way then its fine. It only becomes theft if you make money of someone elses work.

Should still be credited tho whever possible so the non commerical music can still act as a promotional tool for all artist involved.

Im not a girl scout so when I talk about all this streaming stuff I am mostly only thinking off underground artist who can barely afford to eat without music and use music as way to try make a living.

Like I said earlier I give no shits about rihanna or [insert generic mainstream artist here] makes another million.

All about the struggling/independent artist.
If you were all about struggling artists you would stream their work on top of buying their work since that's what gets them the most money at the end of the day.

Also independent artists make more per stream than artists signed to a major label. The guy behind Carseat Headrest claims he was making 30k a year from streams before he got famous because he wasnt on a label/didnt have to share any of the streaming money with anyone

If you were all about struggling artists you would stream their work on top of buying their work since that's what gets them the most money at the end of the day

Your talking to a guy who buys the same album multiple times (when the album is amazing and the artist is struggling)

I do my best lol I have done some crazy shit to help an artist I respect.

Also the artists are getting more money in the end if you buy their merch and stream their songs. They arent even getting the fraction of a penny per song when you spin a record or play a CD. Not saying artists arent getting ripped off from streaming, just to call it theft is laughable imo.
Agree it isn't theft but it takes a lot of streams before I get to what a CD costs in the first place. Doing both is obviously better than just physical though. That's why I was confused by the ambiguity of @Believer101's stance.

Your talking to a guy who buys the same album multiple times (when the album is amazing and the artist is struggling)

I do my best lol I have done some crazy shit to help an artist I respect.
I mean I really dont care what you do with your money/what you consider stealing. I just find the fact that you consider streaming stealing and sampling not comical.

I had a more personal connection to underground artist so I care more bout it. dhodo

BoldFearfulDormouse-max-1mb.gif

When you first showed me that album cover jaycee i thought it was monoxide (on the right) on the cover lol

Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap was dope everything else i've heard after is meh at best.Summer Friends off Coloring Book hits me in the feels tho the rest of the album is a meh fest.

I had a more personal connection to underground artist so I care more bout it. dhodo

BoldFearfulDormouse-max-1mb.gif

When you first showed me that album cover jaycee i thought it was monoxide (on the right) on the cover lol
What I was asking for clarification on is if you still think streaming is bad after you have bought a physical copy of an album. Not sure if you answered that. I only see more money, however little in their pocket, which I think is @Woob_woob's point too. You could set it up on loop and play it forever if you want to keep giving then a couple bucks a day. That doesnt seem like stealing.

I completely agree that you shouldn't *just* stream music that you like, but the way you are talking about it makes it sound like you should never do it. I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you or if that is how you feel.

I like everything Chance has ever put out. Yes he can be corny af, but it works for him imo. His corniness seems genuine which is why it works more so than say Drakes corniness, which seems more manufactured.

I love that in hip-hop in 2019, there is a serious debate as to whether an artists' corniness is authentic or not~

New random Conway EP from Trillmatic Records. These are new tracks and official, as Conway tweeted about it last week. Vinyl available in 4 different variants. B-side has all the instrumentals.

I sincerely hope these aren't already pressed up because I doubt this guy is gonna sell 1300 EPs priced at $52 shipped. It's pretty dope music, but damn, this shit is getting out of hand with these marked up prices. And $12 shipping from Boston, bruh...

What I was asking for clarification on is if you still think streaming is bad after you have bought a physical copy of an album. Not sure if you answered that. I only see more money, however little in their pocket, which I think is @Woob_woob's point too. You could set it up on loop and play it forever if you want to keep giving then a couple bucks a day. That doesnt seem like stealing.

I completely agree that you shouldn't *just* stream music that you like, but the way you are talking about it makes it sound like you should never do it. I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you or if that is how you feel.

Once you actually supported the artist and bought the album stream away. Its yours and you did your part.

New random Conway EP from Trillmatic Records. These are new tracks and official, as Conway tweeted about it last week. Vinyl available in 4 different variants. B-side has all the instrumentals.

I sincerely hope these aren't already pressed up because I doubt this guy is gonna sell 1300 EPs priced at $52 shipped. It's pretty dope music, but damn, this shit is getting out of hand with these marked up prices. And $12 shipping from Boston, bruh...

Has some nice joints on it but makes me wonder who/what Trillmatic is supposed to be? The indie DJ Khaled?

So this just happened.
Mac lethal gonna tear this corny dudes ass up.

Dunno who tha fuck tom macdonald is but he terrible lol he looks older then mac lethal to me aswell so dunno why he so hard on the age tip

Back