Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

It was $75 USD shipped to the US 💜

Yeah I remember paying that much for my copy to Canada as well. It took so long to get there and I was so stressed as a student that it wouldnt make it before I moved out for the term.

But it's weird because I bought a NM copy for a friends bday off eBay in 2014 for like 90 US so it's crazy how many more people have got into buying vinyl since then and driven up the price. It was really easy to find for like 90-100 back in 2014.

I'll need to do an A/B, but as far as I could tell...still poppy and shit pressing
After a clean, I thought mine sounded not bad at all. Can't tell if I have just lucked out with some pressings or my system just isn't picking up pops as much as other people. I don't think it's an amazing pressing by any stretch, but don't think it's shit.

After a clean, I thought mine sounded not bad at all. Can't tell if I have just lucked out with some pressings or my system just isn't picking up pops as much as other people. I don't think it's an amazing pressing by any stretch, but don't think it's shit.
I’m hoping mine is just static and will go away next spin

In the eternal words of @Crabbers... I did a thing.

IMG_1241.JPG

I took a gamble on this one...It was $30 on discogs and I think I snagged it as soon as it went live. Box is in great shape. Has the CDs. The big caveat is that side B on disc 1 has some damage on it. Looks like heat damage or something which adds some weird surface noise to one of the tracks. But otherwise, the rest of it is in great shape. I figured for $30, maybe I can eventually find another copy that's damaged except for Disc 1 and make a hybrid box hah. So...if anybody sees a good disc 1 out there...let me know!!

In the eternal words of @Crabbers... I did a thing.

View attachment 57555

I took a gamble on this one...It was $30 on discogs and I think I snagged it as soon as it went live. Box is in great shape. Has the CDs. The big caveat is that side B on disc 1 has some damage on it. Looks like heat damage or something which adds some weird surface noise to one of the tracks. But otherwise, the rest of it is in great shape. I figured for $30, maybe I can eventually find another copy that's damaged except for Disc 1 and make a hybrid box hah. So...if anybody sees a good disc 1 out there...let me know!!
Even if you couldn’t find the other disc...you could always trade it in yo local for more than $30😂

Even if you couldn’t find the other disc...you could always trade it in yo local for more than $30😂
I've been eying a copy from a place on discogs where the price kept dropping and dropping (Started at $110 and went down to $80 or so yesterday). I was about to buy it because $110 combined is still cheaper than other places right now but somebody else snagged it!

I've been eying a copy from a place on discogs where the price kept dropping and dropping (Started at $110 and went down to $80 or so yesterday). I was about to buy it because $110 combined is still cheaper than other places right now but somebody else snagged it!
Then sell the bad frankenbox for $70 trade in😂

My latest Radiohead obsession is learning their songs on guitar and buying the correct pedals to do so. Any other Radiohead obsessed guitar players on here? (Could take it to the guitar player thread for discussion)

I think it's a generous estimate at this point though as I haven't seen the box in really good shape for that price anytime recently. All the ones around $120 in the past few months have had some kinds of issues with them.
I think it speaks to the fact that, back in 2007, people mostly bought these things to actually play them rather than flip them, which makes a "mint" one rare. I overpaid for mine a bit because I jumped at the opportunity to pick up one with unplayed vinyl, since that's as "mint" as one of these will come nowadays without dropping serious money (even more serious money, at least). But that being said, mine didn't include CD1 so it still technically had something "wrong" with it.

Back