Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

I’m generally fine with the changes I make but I really like the XEN in my rotation and have been struggling to like the Bronze so feel like the bronze will be moved on from eventually
Have you tried a different alignment with the Bronze? I liked my 2M Blue more with a Baerwald alignment (using a Mofi Geodisc) than using the standard Technics alignment. YMMV.

Have you tried a different alignment with the Bronze? I liked my 2M Blue more with a Baerwald alignment (using a Mofi Geodisc) than using the standard Technics alignment. YMMV.
Naw, don’t have any other protractors or alignment tools or anything and I know the XML sounds great with the standard Technics alignment so no real sweat off my back.

After a small gear trade in I could get the MC2105/C24 (w/o cases ugghhhh) for $2k. That seems like it would be easy enough to make my money back maybe? If I want to go a different direction entirely?

After a small gear trade in I could get the MC2105/C24 (w/o cases ugghhhh) for $2k. That seems like it would be easy enough to make my money back maybe? If I want to go a different direction entirely?
I don't know the specific prices on those units but Mac's definitely hold their value. I'm assuming you like warmth warmth and more warmth? Pretty sure that's what you'll get with those Mac's. Not a bad thing just, a particular type of sound.

I don't know the specific prices on those units but Mac's definitely hold their value. I'm assuming you like warmth warmth and more warmth? Pretty sure that's what you'll get with those Mac's. Not a bad thing just, a particular type of sound.
Eh, I hate all the weird descriptors so hard to say. Mostly I just want a Mc stack to go with my JBLs and also start a vintage rig. My thinking is this is a “recoverable ” mistake precisely because of their value retaining.

Haha that's the first time I've heard "warmth" described as a weird descriptor.
Naw I just don’t get into the bullshit vocab. One man’s air is another’s analytical is another man’s warmth. I find it all to be as pointless as the ASR dorks and their math. If it sounds good and I can afford it 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Starting to lean against the Mac stack for three reasons:

I want a Luxman for my SS amp and would rather keep saving towards that (and get a 240 or something eventually for tubes)

The 2105 might accentuate the low end of my system a bit which in my apartment is already in “pushing it” territory

This specific 2105, while a pretty good deal, isn’t cosmetically perfect and if I’m gonna stare at this thing forever I probably want it to look good

Maybe I’ll just roll a d20 and live by the die

Back