Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Love the look of those! How's the sound?
Fantastic! I believe Synthesis amps (or maybe just tube amps) and AudioNote speakers have a special bond.
Bass is strong but never boomy, vocals are sublime, both male and female, and the detail with strings and percussions so crisp.
I'm in love.
The only speakers that impressed me as much (overall) are Rosso Fiorentino and TAD, but we're talking about price points that will never be in my range of possibilities.
Still fine tuning the positioning, I believe they still have a little room for improvement.

I know you should never say this, but I think I'm done. :p:cool:

Turns out dual-mono phono into dual-mono power amps has really nice imaging. Who knew? (I now kinda wish I had gotten a dual-mono Khozmo just to complete the trifecta!)

@Hemotep heat-wise, these things aren’t even close to the KingKo. They’re warm, but I can rest my hand on top of them without discomfort. Try that with tubes!
I've been really enjoying the Fosis too. I'm half tempted to sell my Rotel amp and get a Khozmo too. Not sure where I could sell the Rotel though--don't really wanna ship it as that thing weighs a ton. I think maybe @Kris recommended a hifi shop that's maybe 45 min away from me....will have to give them a call and see if they do trade-ins/consignment/buy used gear.

I've been really enjoying the Fosis too. I'm half tempted to sell my Rotel amp and get a Khozmo too. Not sure where I could sell the Rotel though--don't really wanna ship it as that thing weighs a ton. I think maybe @Kris recommended a hifi shop that's maybe 45 min away from me....will have to give them a call and see if they do trade-ins/consignment/buy used gear.
Take your Vaseline.

Hudson Valley Hi Fi. They do take in trades but I’m not sure about consignment.

Not sure about consignment either, but Mike does take trades. He’s been fair in my experience and is good about also giving discounts on new gear. Highly recommend. He’s carrying McIntosh now too. Gulp.
i gotta give them a call soon! the issue is i think i just wanna sell it and not trade but will take a look at what they have. i'm in the market either for a kinki ex-m1 or a khozmo for my upstairs unit to replace it.

Back